ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Healthcare (HC) > FlexSim HC: Q&A
Downloads

FlexSim HC: Q&A Questions about FlexSim Healthcare

Old 08-16-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Robert Rodgers is on a distinguished road
Default Staff w/Resource Schedule, Info Display, more

I have four questions related to a project: http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ead.php?t=2604

1. I understand how a staff in the 'invisible boundary' can interact with a patient who arrives at desk. How can you manage multiple staff within the same group, across multiple desks within the same group. Same group for simplicity of assigning staff and locations on the patient track.

So if Staff 1_1 goes on break, I don't want a patient to try to register at an empty desk. Can I position each member of the group position at each desk without them reverting back?

2. Resource on/off. I remember from training you cannot add resources as a variable in the scenario. So would I have to place additional beds and then change the variable DOWN to create scenarios?

3. When you right click -> Information Display -> Show Objects Names & Stats - is there a way to NOT show the path node labels? (ie: NN23 not needed)

4. Can you assign additional process (global) to a given percent of patients? For example, not all patients need to schedule their followup appt, some might already have scheduled ahead. Or sometimes additional clinicians might see a patient for an unscheduled reason. While these are not efficient processes sometimes they need to be shown before adequately addressing it. The first might be done at the track level and the second a global process.

Thanks in advance,

Robert
Old 08-16-2013
Vice President Technical Services

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 14
Cliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud of

1. Take a look at the "Track 3" flow in the model associated with the following post: http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ead.php?t=2597. The associated write-up explains how to set up the model. Let me know if this isn't what you were after.

2. You're correct, when experimenting with varying numbers of either resources or locations in your model, you need to already have built the model with the maximum possible number of resources and/or locations. There is a way to create objects on the fly, but it is a very complex and advanced thing to do. As you know, there are already two pre-defined experiment variables available to you called "Number of Resources" and "Number of Locations". What you may not have known is that you can manually manipulate these same two variables when conducting single runs of the model to play around with different numbers. For instance, you can change the number of staff with the "Usable Members" field on the staff group's Properties window. And you can change the number of locations in an area by double clicking on the area block in the Flowcharting Tool and editing the "Active locations" field.

3. No, I'm afraid not. It's all or nothing. Something we will look into doing in the future.

4. The global processes do not involve patients directly, so the notion of "assigning" a process to a given percent of patients doesn't make sense to me. Both patient tracks and global processes are flexible enough to dynamically conduct activities based on what's going on in the model during run time and can even be based on various attributes of patients in the model, so I'm confident there is a way to do what you're looking for. I just would need to better understand the specific situation you are interested in modeling.
Old 08-16-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Robert Rodgers is on a distinguished road

Thanks Cliff on Q1 & Q3, I will tackle Q2 & Q4 this weekend.

I followed Track 3 for Q1 with a slightly different spin. However I get 2 sneaking over to 1's desk.

Last edited by Robert Rodgers; 08-16-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-16-2013

Cliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud of

Looks like you've got a busybody on your hands who wants to do everyone's work for them ;-)

Send me your model, and let me take a look.

Cliff
Old 08-17-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Robert,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Rodgers View Post

3. When you right click -> Information Display -> Show Objects Names & Stats - is there a way to NOT show the path node labels?
if you don't want to see the name of an object you change the flag in the properties to show the name in the general tab.

This approach is tested in standard flexsim.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Cliff King (08-19-2013)
Old 08-17-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Robert,

to change the statistical data displayed next to an object, you can change the source code in the Costum Draw Trigger "Change Object's Stat Display".

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Cliff King (08-19-2013)
Old 08-19-2013

It looks like I stand corrected. You can just uncheck the "Show Name" flag on the Visuals tab of the path node's Properties window to keep the node's name from showing with all the other objects.

Tip: To toggle the "Show Name" flag for all selected (shift-click-drag) nodes in your model at once, open the Utilities tool on the toolbar, choose "Switches" from dropdown list that says "Edit", and click the "Toggle Show Names" button.

Thank you Jörg for pointing this out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cliff King For This Useful Post:
Steven Hamoen (08-20-2013)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 Network Nodes to a fixed resource? Chong Chin Soon Q&A 4 06-29-2012 01:46 AM
Basic Fixed resource does not pull from source ot another FR Shahin Gelareh Q&A 1 02-02-2012 01:42 AM
Operator Utilized During Fixed Resource Breakdown Ramez Tadros Q&A 19 08-16-2010 07:03 PM
Another project sharing - Canteen of a factory with 20000+ staff KelvinHo Tips and Tricks 2 05-17-2010 12:23 AM
Resource and Equipment Sung Kim Q&A 1 08-03-2009 12:32 PM