ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 12-15-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
ericdaoust is on a distinguished road
Default Connecting Network Node to Flowitem

I am currently building a model to simulate the mining of an ore body. There is a lot of data so the blocks of ground in the ore body are created as FlowItems (Box) to reduce memory consumption. These blocks serve as containers of other flowitems which serve as the "rocks" to be hauled out. My transporter is to travel along some network nodes to the next block to be mined. However when I attempt to make a connection from the network node to a block (flowitem) it does not work (both in flexscript code and manually).

I suspect the issue is that my blocks are FlowItems which do not contain the necessary object attributes to make the connection. If I switch to using BasicFRs the connection works but these objects take a lot more memory (which is an issue).

Is it possible to connect a network node to a flowitem? If so, which attributes would I have to add manually to make it work?

Thanks in advance,

Eric
Old 12-24-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 56
Hao Zhou will become famous soon enoughHao Zhou will become famous soon enough

Maybe it is better to use task sequence.
Old 01-06-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 6
ericdaoust is on a distinguished road

I found an easy work-around which is probably worth mentioning here since there are probably others who will face a similar problem later.

Since the blocks are flow items and not fixed resources the solution to my problem was to add these blocks to an invisible queue. This queue can then be connected to the network nodes. My transporters can now navigate through the network and access the various parts of the ore body.
The Following User Says Thank You to ericdaoust For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (01-07-2012)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Network Node Error Ryan Haferbecker Q&A 2 11-24-2010 12:05 PM
Network node TreeView shafizad Q&A 5 08-25-2010 04:33 AM
How to color network node Nico Zahn Q&A 5 05-25-2010 07:04 AM
Release from Network Node Gavin Douglas Q&A 2 06-12-2008 12:39 PM
Connecting network nodes in different containers KelvinHo Q&A 1 05-28-2008 06:49 AM