ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > Flexsim CT > Container Terminal (CT) Library
Downloads

Old 09-01-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 0
zhang xin is on a distinguished road
Default About "empty bucket" operation?

In the mannual of CT, it says for every data driver's operation, there should be a "empty bucket" operation on the other hand.

In the example of contecar.fsm(which can be download in flexsim site), the data driver is berth planner, but there is no "empty bucket" operation in the gate planner, Why?

thanks
Old 06-28-2010
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

The gate planner only has an "empty bucket" operation in the gate planner. There is a single row in its Arrivals table and it has 0 Min and 0 Max. Therefore all gate operations are driven by the berth planner. The gate creates trucks to pickup and dropoff according to the needs specified in the Berth Planner's Hatch Profiles table.

The "ImpoMty", "ImpoFull", "ExpoMty", and "ExpoFull" container types use the gate (see the Container Types window). The "TransMty" and "TransFull" container types come in on ships and go out on ships. They are transshipment lines and have both min/max values specified and empty buckets specified within the Hatch Profiles of the Berth Planner.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
zhang xin (06-28-2010)
Old 06-28-2010
Flexsim User

Oh, sorry, I'm so stupid that didn't see that.

I made a simple example, only have a gate and a yard, no berthplanner.

Trucks drop off then pick up containers through gate.

I set the Gateplanner's arrival as the attachment, is this set right?

If I delete the last row (epmty bucket), I see no difference when run again. Does this means that CT have a default epmty bucket in the gateplanner?

thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	2.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1042  
Old 06-29-2010
Flexsim Development

Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Are containers being dropped in the yard and then disappearing?

If this is the case, then the ship or rail are being abstracted away and you don't need an empty bucket in the gateplanner. This abstraction is explained in the CT Help Manual under the section Getting Started > CT Modeling Paradigm > Abstractions (Gate + Yard).

Attaching the zipped model would be much more helpful in explaining what is going on than a screenshot of the gate planner.
Old 06-30-2010
Flexsim User

Hi, Bobo.

I attach the model. I didn't set empty bucket row. I think containers will disappear, but they are not, they are picked up by trucks. So, I see no difference in this case whether set empty bucket row.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1.zip (120.3 KB, 196 views)
Old 06-30-2010
Flexsim Development

Because you are setting the From/To as "Gate", the gate is automatically fixing it for you so that trucks pick up the containers you dropped off despite you not having specified an empty bucket for Container Pickup. This is the program trying to interpret what you have set up in order to run well despite you not having set up an empty bucket like you should have.

If you actually want them to abstractly disappear, then you can set the From/To to "Yard" instead or delete the From/To entries in the Arrivals table and let the default "Yard" From/To in the Container Types do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Bill Nordgren (06-30-2010)
Old 04-15-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 1
davidemaccagno is on a distinguished road

sorry i have few question about this topic.i read in the ct help..and i learn about data driver and modeling paradigm. There is a thing that i cannot understand. i have to set a berth too if want only to simulate yard and gate?..i build up a simple model with some yard block and a gate, but it seems does not work.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it possible one object comprised of the function of "combiner" and "separetor"? Vic Li Q&A 1 08-19-2008 04:41 AM
error message "Clock overflow, running stopped" Martin Kooijman Q&A 11 04-17-2008 10:29 AM
about "no select" and "show parameter window from side bar" qin tian Gripes and Goodies 3 03-21-2008 08:10 AM
Which variable stores "Properties -> General ->Flags -> Protected" information? KelvinHo Q&A 1 03-06-2008 06:18 AM
"Getting Started" and "Tutorial" models for v4.01 Cliff King Product Announcements 0 12-10-2007 07:34 PM