ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Tips and Tricks
Downloads

Tips and Tricks Share helpful modeling ideas

Old 08-14-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future
Exclamation Download Alerts!

All,

This thread is for people who want to alert the community to the fact that they have uploaded a new model, video, or other file to the download section. My suggestion is for those people to post a description and link to the download page here so that everyone knows that something new has been added.

Thanks for adding to the community,
Brandon
Old 11-18-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future
Default Sample_TiltTrayConveyor_TD

Model of a Tilt-Tray-Conveyor.

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...do=file&id=166
Old 11-18-2008
Flexsim User

Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future
Default Sample_PickOperatorTravelsThroughNetwork_TD

Sample Example for an Operator who travels through a network and picks specific items.

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...do=file&id=167
Old 11-23-2008
Flexsim User

Default Sample_CycleProductionLineWithBuffer_TD

Sample Example for a production line with a general cycle time. Because of a buffer station it is possible to have individual processes with a longer cycle time than the general cycle time.

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...do=file&id=168
Old 12-03-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 1
Markus Bans will become famous soon enough
Default Sample_Manipulation_of_arrival_schedule_MB

Manipulation of an arrival schedule according to imported Excel data.

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...do=file&id=171
The Following User Says Thank You to Markus Bans For This Useful Post:
Tom David (12-03-2008)
Old 12-03-2008
Flexsim User

Default Sample_GlobalTableArrivalSchedule_TD

Sample Example for a Source controlled by a Global Table as Arrival Schedule.

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...do=file&id=172

This model is similar to the model Markus posted (Sample_Manipulation_of_arrival_schedule_MB). He manipulated the Arrival Schedule directly in the Source where I use a Global Table to control (Output) of the Source.
In my eyes this are two concepts how to model ArrivalSchedules in Flexsim depending on data of a table (in my model the table could also be read from Excel or a file into the Global Table).

I see that both concepts have advantages and disadvantages (as usual). But at least the community has now two samples for both concepts and everybody can decide by himself which concept might be the better solution in his situation.

By the way, one other concept could be (similar to my model) not to use a Source but a Queue and generate the items (createcopy, moveobject) depending on the Global Table.
Old 12-15-2008
Flexsim User

Default Sample_PickPlaceOperatorsTravelThroughNetworkAndPi ckPlaceSpecificItems_TD

Sample_PickPlaceOperatorsTravelThroughNetworkAndPi ckPlaceSpecificItems_TD

This model is a further development of the Sample_PickOperatorTravelsThroughNetworkAndPicksSp ecificItems_TD model I uploaded on the 19th of November 2008. The difference is that in the first model only a pick operator travels but in the second model also a place operator travels through the network.

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...do=file&id=175
Old 12-17-2008
Flexsim User

Default Sample_AsciiFileReadWrite_TD

Sample_AsciiFileReadWrite_TD

This model is a little example how to read from an ASCII file and how to write to an ASCII file. The read data are stored in a Global Table.

One side note: I am wondering that nobody has build such a model before me or is it really that I am nearly the only one who take the time to post his models into the community. Where are your models?

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...do=file&id=176
Old 01-05-2009
Flexsim User

Default Sample_VirtualRacks_TD

Sample_VirtualRacks_TD

This model is an example for a virtual rack where picker pick items/pallets from different racks. The user has a button to release pallets from the rack.
See the description for further information on the model.

From the main modeling concept this model is very similar to the model from Nico Zahn “Virtual rack content”.

/downloadPages/file&id=181
Old 03-13-2009
Flexsim User

Default _TD models are now v4.50

Finally Ben was able to solve the issue that I reached my upload limit in the download section. Thanks Ben!

I maintained all my models in the download section and uploaded them again. Now they are all v4.50 models.

It took my quite some time to bring them up-to-date and also some time to upload them again. But I guess it is worth it, because the models at least seem to give some people some help and hints.

I would really appreciate if more people would share their models and ideas.

Anyway, have fun with Flexsim …

P.S.: If you use an older version of Flexsim I suggest to update ...
Old 03-26-2009
Flexsim User

Default Sample_SupplyChainManagement_RG

Sample_SupplyChainManagement_RG

This model is an example for a Supply Chain Management Model. The models is very simple in terms of visualization and animation. But that’s in most cases normal for SCM-Models.
See the description in the Model Control GUI for further information on the model.
The model is build by Ralf Gruber from Flexsim Deutschland, so all he earns all credits. I only made a few modifications (Model Control GUI, Views, etc.) and posted the model.

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...do=file&id=203
Old 04-09-2009
Flexsim User

Default Sample_FTSContainerTankFilling_TD

Sample_FTSContainerTankFilling_TD

Model of an AGV transportation system where container gets filled from tanks.

/downloadPages/file&id=205

P.S.: At least a few people are thankful for the models I upload and show it here …
Old 05-05-2009
Flexsim User

Default Sample_ConveyorTrackSwitch_TD

Sample_ConveyorTrackSwitch_TD

Model of a small Conveyor transportation system with track switches.

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...do=file&id=207

One side note, I really enjoy working with v4.5. E.g. having properties and parameters in one GUI speeds up the modeling. Great job, development team!
Old 05-20-2009
Flexsim User

Default Sample_MilkrunKanbanSystem_TD

Sample_MilkrunKanbanSystem_TD

Model of a small Kanban-Milkrun-Logistic-System.

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...do=file&id=210
Old 08-17-2009
Flexsim User

Default Sample_BasicConveyorReverse_TD

Sample_BasicConveyorReverse_TD

Another small BasicConveyor example model with a reverse conveyor. This model based on the Sample_BasicConveyorCutting_TD model.

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...do=file&id=213
Old 06-24-2010
Flexsim User

Default Update Sample_Models_TD to v5

I decided to update all my samples models to v5, but will not update my support models.

I started with it and updated the first seven models and uploaded the updated models to the download section.

Sample_3CraneControl_TD
Sample_ARSRVehicleUsingKinematics_TD
Sample_FloorStorage_TD
Sample_ProcessCostModel_TD
Sample_MultiLaneConveyorWithVariablesSpeeds_CK
Sample_ConveyorSortingSystem_TD
Sample_SortingCircleConveyor_TD

More updated sample models will come over time.
Old 06-24-2010
Flexsim User

These are the next seven updated SampleModels:

Sample_GetUtilizedOperatorCommand_TD
Sample_OperatorAlternativeRoute_TD
Sample_GlobalMaterialFlow_TD
Sample_ASRSVehicleDoubleCycle_TD
Sample_IdleOperatorHelpsOtherOperator_TD
Sample_IntervalQueueResults_TD
Sample_DoublePalletRack_RG
Old 06-28-2010
Flexsim User

These are the next seven updated SampleModels:

Demo_PalletRobot_TD
Sample_DemandBasedProdcution_TD
Sample_Database_TD
Sample_TimeLabelQueueSorting_TD
Sample_BasicConveyorCutting_TD
Sample_RackContentGraph_TD
Sample_TiltTrayConveyor_TD
Old 06-28-2010
Flexsim User

These are the next seven updated SampeModels:

Sample_PickOperatorTravelsThroughNetwork_TD
Sample_CycleProductionLineWithBuffer_TD
Sample_Manipulation_of_arrival_schedule_MB
Sample_GlobalTableArrivalSchedule_TD
Sample_PickPlaceOperatorsTravelThroughNetwork_TD
Sample_AsciiFileReadWrite_TD
Sample_VirtualRacks_TD
Old 06-29-2010
Flexsim User

These are the last six updated SampleModels:

Sample_SupplyChainManagement_RG
Sample_FTSContainerTankFilling_TD
Sample_ConveyorTrackSwitch_TD
Sample_MilkrunKanbanSystem_TD
Sample_SankeyDiagram_TD
Sample_BasicConveyorReverse_TD

I will not update all my SupportModels, because I don't think they are that important and to update the models is in a way time consuming and boring, even if there are only eight of them.
And even if the SupportModels are not updated, they still can be open and run in v5.
But if I need a SuppportModel for support, I will make it a SampleModel and will post it.
So more SampleModels will come over time.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Download free trial version Cliff King Marketing and Sales Information 6 05-15-2009 12:57 AM
a very short question-- where to download the 3D shape for objects Ning Wang Q&A 4 08-06-2008 09:00 AM