ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-12-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Tan Chun Hua is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Problem with Transporter pickup & unload sequence

Hi all. My best greetings.

I have encountered a problem in the midst of working out a model in Flexsim.

Problem:
Source1 creates 10 flowitem which arrives with one schedule time. Source4 also creates 10 flowitem like Source1 and will reach Queue5 immediately when the simulation runs. Flowitems from Source1 will be processed and then reach Queue3. By default, the transporter will attend to Queue5 first then later attend Queue3.

However, I want the transporter to wait for Queue3's response and to pick-up the flowitems at Queue3 first, then unload it at Sink9, then pick-up the flowitems at Queue5 then finally unload it to Sink8 REGARDLESS of the flowitems waiting at Queue5 from the start of simulation run. Is this possible? Would be glad if anybody will be kind to assist me as I have spent lots of time thinking about it.

Best Regards
Chun Hua
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	flexsim_pic_jp.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	1410  
Old 06-13-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Sounds little bit, as if you try to build up kind of milkrun model. Could try this with sending messages to queues and close and open outputports of these with filling level of the others.
But better and easier way will be to build up your own Tasksequences by coding;-)
This way you can create whole tasks in one place and for always the same course it will be a fast solution.
Got a model I never posted because it´s created in flexsim 4.5, but I´m sure all other hints in Community about Milkrun models and the explanation about Tasksequences will help you.
Old 06-13-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Tan Chun Hua is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Hemmann View Post
Sounds little bit, as if you try to build up kind of milkrun model. Could try this with sending messages to queues and close and open outputports of these with filling level of the others.
But better and easier way will be to build up your own Tasksequences by coding;-)
This way you can create whole tasks in one place and for always the same course it will be a fast solution.
Got a model I never posted because it´s created in flexsim 4.5, but I´m sure all other hints in Community about Milkrun models and the explanation about Tasksequences will help you.

Thank you Sebastian! I should have no problem using tasksequence. Yes, you are perfectly right, I am doing a milkrun model for transportation

Do you have a useful link about Milkrun models? I'm new to Flexsim and wish to learn more. If you have any recommended links please guide me along while I try to find hints in Milkrun models

Thanks a million!
Old 06-14-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

I think Tom Davids Milkrunmodel may help :
http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...do=file&id=210

Know that there are many good example for Tasksequences.

Here I spoke with Tom about a Milkrun solution:
http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ead.php?t=1153

Purely I never loaded up the ready model because of company secrets and not enough time to delete/change all sensitive data at that time.

Tags
problem, transportation, transporter

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LOAD and UNLOAD on Robot Lydia Franck Q&A 10 09-15-2010 07:29 AM
Problems with load/ unload tasksequences Sebastian Hemmann Q&A 7 11-19-2009 12:58 AM
How to control randomness with import pickup? Nathan_Huynh Container Terminal (CT) Library 5 09-04-2009 06:40 PM
TaskExecuter should unload more then one item...How? TilmanDHL Tips and Tricks 1 01-28-2009 01:54 AM
The transporter and operator task sequence... syseo Q&A 1 09-22-2007 01:26 AM