ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-13-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
juan alberto is on a distinguished road
Default classes in flexsim

Hi all,

I want to know if i can create my own classes in flexsim.

f.i: I have a lot of racks in my model and all of them have the same atributtes and I want to change one of the atributtes in all racks.

Thanks a lot.
Old 06-13-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Think this isn´t exactly what you are looking for, but you can select and highlight objects in Flexsim (red / yellow box around the object). With the option "edit selected/highlighted objects" it´s possible to change attributes of all highlighted objects. Highlighting can be done by clicking on objects while holding down Crtl Button.
Old 06-13-2011
Flexsim User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Hemmann View Post
Think this isn´t exactly what you are looking for, but you can select and highlight objects in Flexsim (red / yellow box around the object). With the option "edit selected/highlighted objects" it´s possible to change attributes of all highlighted objects. Highlighting can be done by clicking on objects while holding down Crtl Button.

It doesn't work or explain it with more details. I've tried this in my model. I have 4 racks and I wanted add a label in one of them and then it appears in the other racks , but it doesn't work.

Any idea?
Old 06-14-2011
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried using the user library? You create 1 rack that is completely as you want. You create a new user library and right click on the object (I think it is edit -> add to user library) and add the object to the library. Then save your user library and there you have some kind of a new object that you can use.
Old 06-14-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

@ Steven
Or even duplicate the one Rack!?

@Juan
Think it has to work with select (red box) all racks, that should get the label and highlight (yellow box) the rack, that got the labels.
Open the "Edit selected Objects" view from the "Modelling Utilities". In this view you have to pick the option "Copy from Highlighted". And there it is the third or fourth option.
Does this work?

Last edited by Sebastian Hemmann; 06-14-2011 at 07:28 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sebastian Hemmann For This Useful Post:
juan alberto (06-14-2011)
Old 06-14-2011
Flexsim User

Quote:
@ Steven

@Juan
Think it has to work with select (red box) all racks, that should get the label and highlight (yellow box) the rack, that got the labels.
Open the "Edit selected Objects" view from the "Modelling Utilities". In this view you have to pick the option "Copy from Highlighted". And there it is the third or fourth option.
Does this work?

It doesn't work Sebastian.
Old 06-14-2011
Flexsim User

Quote:
@ Steven

@Juan
Does this work?

Sebastian , this works !!!

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Developer's manual / Adding new object classes Doug Beaton Q&A 7 02-25-2009 05:05 PM