ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > User Development
Downloads

User Development User developed add-ons to Flexsim

Old 06-11-2008
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute
Default COM Object for Controlling Flexsim

This is a posting of a COM object for controlling Flexsim. The original post for this thread has been moved to the downloads section, here.

Last edited by Anthony Johnson; 01-02-2009 at 12:24 PM. Reason: file moved to downloads
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Tom David (06-11-2008)
Old 06-11-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Anthony,
Thanks for creating this, I have a lot of applications for this myself and I'm sure that others have many more. I am very excited to work with it.

All,
I would suggest that if anybody makes any improvements to this or if anybody has an example of a model created with this that they use this thread as the place to post those.

Brandon
Old 06-12-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Jon Fournier will become famous soon enoughJon Fournier will become famous soon enough

I primarily use QUEST but am slowly learning how to use FlexSim, and the ability to control FS with VB or VBA should swing me over to using FS much more often.

Great job! I would like to see this more fully supported, and I think this would be a great feature to add.

-Jon
The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Fournier For This Useful Post:
Alex Christensen (06-12-2008)
Old 02-23-2009
Beijing Beta Tech Ltd, Flexsim distributor

Downloads: 61
Liu Bin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Johnson View Post
This is a posting of a COM object for controlling Flexsim. The original post for this thread has been moved to the downloads section, here.
I fail to execute the batch file. Error message is as the following snapshot. How can I solve it? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	2009-2-24 11-58-39.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	579  
Old 02-24-2009
The Flexsim Consultant

Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

This error typically comes from the fact that you are executing the reg file in a non-administrator role. In Vista it can be a real bugger to get around it.

I had to execute the command prompt as administrator and then execute the reg file in the command prompt.

Maybe someone else will have an easier method.
Old 02-24-2009
Beijing Beta Tech Ltd, Flexsim distributor

Downloads: 61
Liu Bin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Peterson View Post
This error typically comes from the fact that you are executing the reg file in a non-administrator role. In Vista it can be a real bugger to get around it.

I had to execute the command prompt as administrator and then execute the reg file in the command prompt.

Maybe someone else will have an easier method.
I use an administrator account.
I use XP SP3, Flexsim 4.5, .Net framework 1.1sp1. Shall I update to .net framework 3.5? Or This COM object is only for Flexsim 4.32?
Old 02-25-2009
The Flexsim Consultant

I have only used it with 4.32

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Controlling Flexsim Remotely Anthony Johnson Wiki Articles 2 01-02-2009 12:36 PM
Controlling the camera view to be focused on a moving object in your model. Regan Blackett Tips and Tricks 0 08-03-2007 10:12 AM