ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-23-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
naren nataraj is on a distinguished road
Question Operators dependency

Hi guys I am new to flexsim...

I am trying to built a model in which three operators have individual operations to do in a processor if a part comes ( for example each have some 5 operations to do ).

In certain cases , an operator might depend on other operators to finish his work ( for example , operator1 can do his 3rd operation only if operator 2 and 3 finish their second operations assinged to them ). So an operator has to wait till others finishes.

Guys....how to model this dependency between operators in flexsim..

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-23-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Easiest way for me would be to use as many processors as operations you got. Connect all operators with there processors / operations they are needed for.
If it has to look like only one processor you can give all processors the same position. But this will bring you to the problem that maybe all operators will go to same position for using the processor. Than think about using Networknodes for different operators. They all have to be connected with processors.

Hope this was helpfully?
Old 08-23-2011
Flexsim User

Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Ok, you even could do it with Multiprocessor. This should be much faster and easier;-)
Attached Files
File Type: fsm DifferentOperations_SH.fsm (68.0 KB, 111 views)
Old 08-23-2011
Flexsim User

Thanks for the reply.. Sure that is an easier way..

I have done the model using a single processor and "coordinated task sequence" for the 3 operartors.

But I dont know what to do for the second part of the problem - - operators dependency on others.

Each operation take different time... So an operator even after completing his operation ( for example operation no.2 of the 5 operations) has to wait/ remain idle for other operators to complete their operation no.2

and this is just an example.. any operator can depend on any other operator finishing a particular operation...
Old 08-24-2011
Flexsim User

This don´t sounds as if a dispatcher would be helpful.
Did I understand you wright, that you use a processor instead of a multiprocessor? And Tasksequences make operators working on this one processor?
Maybe it is possible to solve it with sending delayed messages. But I think it will be better if you could upload an example model.
Old 08-24-2011
Flexsim User

Guys I have attached the model here. Any suggestions in modeling the "operators dependancy ".

I have 5 parts p1 p2...p5 and each operator have 3 operations to do ( check global tables).

The custom code is in "pick operator" of the processor.

And in the current model , I get some errors in system console.. I dont Know what it means...
Attached Files
File Type: fsm COOR_MODEL_NAREN.fsm (48.8 KB, 121 views)
Old 08-24-2011
Flexsim Consultant

Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

When you use insertproxytask() it returns a 'key' value for the task that can be used in 'sync' tasks using the command insertsynctask. This ensures the task sequence completes certain tasks before proceeding. From your description, when implemented correctly using sync tasks, the third operator will be in state ALLOCATED_IDLE while waiting for the other two to finish.

Last edited by Jason Lightfoot; 08-24-2011 at 04:39 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
naren nataraj (08-24-2011)
Old 08-24-2011
Flexsim User

Thanks Jason.. I will try it and then ask further questions...

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dispatcher & Operators Suggestion michaelsmith Gripes and Goodies 3 02-16-2011 05:29 AM
Using two operators to help at a busy processor daniel twx Q&A 1 06-05-2009 05:20 AM
simple question for operators Kang Han Q&A 1 10-23-2008 08:35 AM
Machine breakdown using Operators Nico Zahn Q&A 8 07-13-2008 03:07 AM
Operators on Multiple Networks Nico Zahn Q&A 0 10-10-2007 03:02 AM