ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > User Development
Downloads

User Development User developed add-ons to Flexsim

Old 06-24-2008
Flexsim Technical Support

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 8
Alex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to behold
Default cool graphics and gizmos

In my spare time, I've been making some cool models that use Flexsim's 3d graphics capabilities. I've attached four such models.
First, there's an improvement on my earlier surface graph. It graphs a user function z=f(x,y,t). It calculates each point once (instead of four times) and it has a smooth gradient of the colors. It needs to be compiled, but I have the model do it automatically.
There is a vector field plotter which draws a 3d vector field <x',y',z'>=<-z+3*cos(t),y+z*0.5,x+2*sin(t)>. All the arrows are the same length, and their brightness indicates their magnitude.
I also used the vector field plotter to draw the electric fields around two particles of equal mass and opposite charge in a stable circular orbit around each other. Only a Los Alamos native would think of using Flexsim for particle physics.

I'm going to ask the members of the forum the same question I've been asked around the office: Is there any use for this stuff out there?
Attached Files
File Type: zip 3d graphs.zip (250.5 KB, 528 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex Christensen For This Useful Post:
tobias.biemueller (06-25-2008)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Check out our cool downloads! Cliff King Marketing and Sales Information 0 04-02-2008 10:07 AM
Graphics problems Yaghm Installation 5 09-28-2007 02:12 PM