ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-24-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
CasimiraFederspiel is on a distinguished road
Question Simulating Distribution Center Taping Area

So I'm having an issue getting the right coding for my simulation and I'm hoping someone can help.

We have a taping area that all of our outbound cartons go through. In the simulation I put a processor in where our tapers would be located.

There are 4 lanes with tapers, plus 1 issue lane, and 1 over flow lane. For a total of 6 lanes.

I am able to get the cartons to divert to the right "taping" lanes but all the cartons stop at the processor. I know I'm missing something I just can't see what and/or where it is.

Can anyone help?

Thanks for your help
Attached Files
File Type: zip LPAS 2nd lvl.zip (46.4 KB, 146 views)
Old 05-24-2011
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Processors should be rotated 180 degrees to indicate better what's happening - and then Conveyors 54,55 and 56 are not connected to the processors.

After that you're using BasicConveyors and not the standard one, which means you're going to control the flowitem behaviour instead of letting the regular conveyor handle it. Is there a reason for that - you have no logic on the decision points....?
Old 05-25-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 6
CasimiraFederspiel is on a distinguished road
Talking

Thanks Jason,
I didn't pay attention to which conveyor I was grabbing and then I just did a copy and past for the other three. Hmmmm changing to the regualr conveyor helped. Thank you

I like it when they are simple and easey solutions

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exponential Distribution Guillermo Arce Q&A 15 12-21-2010 12:36 PM
Help me on Pallete Distribution shafizad Q&A 2 08-07-2010 12:44 AM
About Gate Arrival pattern(distribution). zhang xin Container Terminal (CT) Library 2 11-26-2009 03:53 PM
Random generator for Yard Block Area and Transfer Area John Kim Container Terminal (CT) Library 1 09-21-2009 10:59 AM
statistical distribution operator bsantens Q&A 4 04-02-2009 09:37 AM