ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 10-23-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0
qin tian is on a distinguished road
Default About TE

Hi, all, a porblem.

A transporter move products from a queue to a sink. The transporter will load two products a time. If there is only one product, the transporter load it and wait until another product arrive. Then the transporter load it and leave. How to model this?

The batch option of queue is not what I want in this situation.
Old 10-23-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Qin Tian,

You could try sending a message after it loads the first item but before it begins its break task that would check to see if the second fowitem was available. If it wasn't you could then do one of two things:

First, call stopobject on the TE and then on entry of the next flowitem you could send a delayed message (0 time) to call resume object on the TE.

Second, you could preempt (preempt only) the current task sequence with another task sequence to delay or be utilized or something else. Then on entry of the next flowitem you can send a delayed message (0 time) to release the TE or preempt (preempt and abort active) that task sequence with a task sequence that would take no time. i.e. empty or with only a send message or delay of 0 time.

I haven't tried either of these but I'm sure that you're capable of doing that on your own.

Let us know how it works out,
Brandon
Old 10-23-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0
qin tian is on a distinguished road

Hi, Brandon, I tried your first suggestion in the attatched model. But it seems doesn't work.

why?
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1.zip (42.5 KB, 206 views)