ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
FAQ Downloads Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 10-17-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Albert Munoz is on a distinguished road
Default Sending GUI number to Global Table

Hello,

In my work I need to construct a custom GUI that captures values provided by the user. I am recording these in a global table. The GUI (at this point) is using an edit view to capture the value, and a coldlink to send the value to the global table (I only need to capture these values once per simulation run).

I am having trouble figuring out how to configure the coldlink attribute text.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Albert
Old 10-18-2010
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mean you're having trouble with the node path to enter into the coldlink? If so, here are three options:

If you set the GUI objectfocus variable to the data node of the global table (found with 'reftable(<tablename>)' ) then you can use relative values using @objectfocus+ followed by the relative path /1/2 would be row 1 column 2.

Alternatively you can right click on the cell you want, explore as tree, right click the node and set as so() and then in a script window execute nodetopath(so(),1) and the enter the string returned as the path.

Another way would be to use a coldinkx node with the expression gettablecell(<tablename>,<row>,<col>)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Albert Munoz (10-18-2010), Phil BoBo (10-18-2010)
Old 10-18-2010
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

MAIN:/1/model/Tools/GlobalTables/GlobalTable3>variables/data/1/1

Replace "GlobalTable3" with your table's name.
Replace "/1/1" with row and column numbers: /R/C
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Albert Munoz (10-18-2010)