ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-21-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Stephan Seidel will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Basic Conveyor - item orientation

Hi all,

I fear this might be a simple, stupid question, but as always with such questions I do not know the answer ;-)

What I am trying to do is rotate the item when it enters the Basic Conveyor around the z-axis for 90 degrees. That can be done by changing the "Orient Z" parameter in the conveyor tab. But when the item moves along the conveyor the x-length of the item is used for the calculation on the decision point trigger events.Instead the y-size should be used due to the rotation of the item.
In simple words, if the item's x-size is longer than the y-size of the item, the decision point will trigger too early when the item is rotated.
I tried to play around with setrot(...) and had a look into Tom David's Basic-Conveyor cutting examples. Setrot doesn't work and the cutting examples resizes rather than rotates the items. Resizing is something I cannot do because the items are pallets which are loaded with goods and would look rather ugly when resized.

Any ideas how the decision points will fire correctly when the item is rotated around its z-axis?

Many thanks,
Stephan
Old 05-21-2012
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried using the Spacing Orientation on the first tabpage and setting it on "Item Y Size". Because that value is used in calculating the length of the product
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
zhang xin (05-24-2012)
Old 05-21-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 20
Stephan Seidel will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Hamoen View Post
Have you tried using the Spacing Orientation on the first tabpage and setting it on "Item Y Size". Because that value is used in calculating the length of the product
Many thanks Steven, That solved it. I knew it was a simple question.

Tags
basic conveyor, orientation, rotation

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Basic Conveyor Problem Michael Dietrich Q&A 1 04-05-2012 02:18 AM
Decision point in Basic conveyor Manoj Kumar Q&A 3 02-29-2012 10:31 AM
How to get the speed of an item at the end of a basic conveyor?.. Pablo Concha Q&A 7 04-06-2010 07:37 AM
What is the difference between a Conveyor and Basic Conveyor shivrash Q&A 2 07-21-2009 04:09 AM
Basic Conveyor tobias.biemueller Q&A 16 05-23-2008 08:12 AM