ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Gripes and Goodies
Downloads

Gripes and Goodies Software problems and suggestions

Old 02-13-2008
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Statusbar could show more information like object state.

The statusbar at the bottom of the orthoview now gives you: name, position, rotation and scale if you click on an object.
I would very much like to see the status there as well. Because a lot of times when debugging or validating a model you have to wacht the status, but now you have to click on an object, go to properties, go to the right tabpage and then you have this big gui that takes up a large part of your screen and you are only interested in getting the status!

And maybe also put in the name in between square brackets or some other divider because the difference between the name and the word Position is sometimes a bit difficult to see. The square brackets would make it similar to the other information

So I was wondering if other people feel the same before I put it on the request list?

Steven
Old 02-13-2008
Flexsim Canada, Forum Moderator

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 1
Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of
Default Re: Statusbar showing status?

I have also wished many times that the status bar would show the object State for debugging. I modified a screenshot so we can see your ideas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	ortho statusbar with state 1.PNG
Views:	299
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	115  
Old 02-13-2008

Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Kris,

You would do a great job as a mind reader. Thank you for the bitmap, that makes it so much clearer.

Steven
Old 02-13-2008
Flexsim Super Moderator

Downloads: 64
AlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the rough

I totally agree with you guys. The status bar could be more useful if it has more information there.
Old 02-14-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

I also totally agree and like your idea. This would be really handy.
Old 02-14-2008

Ok, if 3 superusers tell me it is a good idea, that is good enough for me. I'll put it on the list.

Steven
Old 02-22-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 115
qin tian is on a distinguished road

I like the idea too. But sometimes some objects's name is too long, it's difficult to display them in the bar.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opening of FlexSim State Files Fadhlullah Bin Rahmat Q&A 0 02-18-2008 04:57 AM
State Graph in Model Control GUI Tom David Q&A 4 11-21-2007 12:50 AM
How to dynamically show/hide the imported 3D shape assigned to a VisualTool Cliff King Tips and Tricks 0 09-18-2007 04:09 PM