ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Healthcare (HC) > FlexSim HC: Q&A
Downloads

FlexSim HC: Q&A Questions about FlexSim Healthcare

Old 11-30-2009
Flexsim Australia

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 0
Kenny Macleod will become famous soon enoughKenny Macleod will become famous soon enough
Default Elevator Question - Life's ups and downs

I know it must be something obvious but how do I get people to go up and down in the elevator?

I've tried everything I can think of.

Thanks, Kenny
Old 11-30-2009
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I can think off there are 3 ways:
1 Change your flowitem to look like people
2 use the taskexecuter flowitem (looking like people of course)
3 use the operator and create a coordinate tasksequence

and connect the elevator like it is any other mobile resource. Only the ingoing and outgoing objects should be on different z-levels.

Steven

Sorry, just noticed that you asked about HC (I just pick recent posts and then don't pay attention to the forum). I think somebody else can give a better answer (although these remarks are basically still valid ;-) )

Last edited by Steven Hamoen; 11-30-2009 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Didn't see that it was about HC
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Kenny Macleod (11-30-2009)
Old 11-30-2009
Simulation Consultant

Downloads: 18
Rachid Kolfin will become famous soon enoughRachid Kolfin will become famous soon enough

Kenny,

In Flexsim HC there are special triggers for using the elevator. Make sure that each floor has a network node attached to the elevator. On the OnContinue trigger of these network nodes you can use the option "Send Message to Use Elevator". On the OnMessage trigger you choose the option "Messages to use the elevator". This should be enough to get the elevator working. These options do what Steven has described internally.

Good luck,

Rachid Kolfin
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rachid Kolfin For This Useful Post:
Steven Hamoen (11-30-2009)
Old 11-30-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 1
Pablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nice

Hello,

The triggers are always activated i think, i just connect the elevator to the network nodes i want to use to change floor.

i'm attaching a small example (on Flexsim HC 2.01)

regards

Pablo Concha Erilkin
Attached Files
File Type: zip demo_elevator.zip (81.3 KB, 333 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pablo Concha For This Useful Post:
Tom David (11-30-2009)
Old 11-30-2009
Vice President Technical Services

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 14
Cliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud of

The elevator's reset trigger will automatically put sufficient code on any path nodes that are connected to it, causing any traveler who arrives at (crosses) the node, to use the elevator, if the traveler's next node happens to be at a different zloc than the node he arrived at.

Use the elevator's "Break To" field to control how the elevator chooses who to pick up; however the default is for the elevator to pickup any passengers who are going the same direction as the other passengers who are already on the elevator.

The elevator's Load and Unload Times define how long it takes a traveler to walk from/to the path node to the center of the elevator. For animation purposes, the load/unload time is split into 4 equal parts: 1/4 is dedicated to opening the elevator doors, 2/4 is dedicated to walking in/out, and 1/4 is dedicated to closing the elevator doors. This causes some funny animation when more than one traveler is riding the elevator because the second traveler gets the door slammed in his face. The animation will eventually be improved.

The behavior of the elevator has some problems under certain scenarios when travelers want to load and unload at the same time which will be fixed in the next release.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cliff King For This Useful Post:
Tom David (11-30-2009)
Old 11-30-2009
Flexsim Australia

Downloads: 114
Kenny Macleod will become famous soon enoughKenny Macleod will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys - I was nearly there and I knew it was simple and pretty much automatically built.

It was the d-link connection that i was missing - duh! I had been trying to get it to work with the a-link (& even the s-link).

Thanks again... Kenny
Old 04-09-2010
Vice President Technical Services

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 14
Cliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud of

Just for the record, users don't need to worry about d-link, a-link, etc. that Kenny mentions. That's all standard Flexsim stuff. In FlexsimHC the correct connection is made for you when done the HC way which is to click on the Path object in the library, and then start clicking between nodes and objects in the model such as the elevator, and the correct connection will be made according to the type of object clicked on...
The Following User Says Thank You to Cliff King For This Useful Post:
mgiubilato (06-28-2010)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Elevator David Chan Q&A 2 02-20-2008 07:20 PM