ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Healthcare (HC) > FlexSim HC: Q&A
Downloads

FlexSim HC: Q&A Questions about FlexSim Healthcare

Old 03-19-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future
Default How many Beds have been used in a BedArea?

I am looking for an easy and simple way to figure out how many beds have been used in a bed area.

Let’s assume I have a bed area with 15 beds. At the end of a simulation run I like to know how many beds have been used.

My solution would be to use the OnEntry trigger of each bed and write the bed number into one label (global information). Bed1 writes a 1, Bed2 writes a 2, etc. if the bed number is higher than the current label value. So if the label is 12 at the end, 12 beds have been used. Using the label makes it possible to show the value in the dashboard.

I am just wondering, if there is an easier way to solve this task and show the value in a dashboard.

If there is not an easier way, it might be an idea also to have statistics for areas. Or do we have them and I just did not know?

I mean statistics like content min, max, average, etc. like for the objects. Maybe not all of them, but some would be nice.
Or am I the only one, who thinks this could be useful?

And what you guys think about having two buttons to decrease and increase the run speed (half and double)? Several times I tried to use STRG UP and DOWN and really missing this functionality. Or am I the only one who is looking for this functionality?
Old 04-09-2010
Vice President Technical Services

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 14
Cliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud of

The number of beds being used in an area is recorded to the data structure of the area. There is a command setnumlocations() to set the number of active locations within an area which is used by the experimenter. There's also a dashboard widget found in the bar graph list called Group Occupancy (or something like that) that displays occupancy levels of an area, but it does so by reading the area's data structure rather than with a command that would be simple for a user to do. I will create a command to do this for v2.7.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cliff King For This Useful Post:
Pablo Concha (04-09-2010)