ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Healthcare (HC) > FlexSim HC: Q&A
Downloads

FlexSim HC: Q&A Questions about FlexSim Healthcare

Old 02-25-2010
Flexsim Australia

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 0
Kenny Macleod will become famous soon enoughKenny Macleod will become famous soon enough
Default HC Routing to two areas

I'm trying to model a branch into two individual exam rooms (each having 2 exclusive use of 2 changing rooms). after registration the patient is sent to an empty changing room and from there, should go to the examination room associated with that changing room.

Model here

This works fine using the NextArea in Advanced Functions. - BUT - after passing the branching activity (GoToChange) each patient is associated with the duplicate activities from each path.

I altered the predecessor activites but failed to fix it.

Also, after the patient exits the model, his red path-link is still active - see screen dump at exit above.

Any thought on what's wrong - or am I going about it in the wrong way anyway?

Thanks, Kenny
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny Macleod For This Useful Post:
Tom David (02-26-2010)
Old 02-26-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 1
Pablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nice

Hello,

Not sure what was wrong with your model, but i make it work with another aproach, instead of using the Area Chooser on the advanced function, i used the Activity Chooser on the previous activity, and added a Patient travel unnatended activity for the second branch. also the gotodressingroom activities are their own predecessor to make it work.

Looking at the model the duplicated activities i think happens because they have the same predecessor activity, this is why when branching i always use the next activity chooser. The next area chooser i only use it when the same activities down the track can be done on more than one area.

regards

Pablo Concha E.

pd.- attached is the edited model.
Attached Files
File Type: zip routing logic - working over 2 areas - edited.zip (106.7 KB, 192 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pablo Concha For This Useful Post:
Tom David (02-26-2010)
Old 02-26-2010
Flexsim Australia

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 0
Kenny Macleod will become famous soon enoughKenny Macleod will become famous soon enough

Thanks Pablo - that worked well. I did try the Next Activity but it was in the wrong place.

I also managed to run the experimenter - substituting XX for one of the "Next Activities"

Thanks, Kenny