ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-31-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
riadi is on a distinguished road
Default Flexsim Supply Network

I have read article about risk on supply chain. This article uses one of Flexsim simulation in order to calculate supply chain risk and it is called Flexsim supply network. I also read that this simulation is provided as a demo in Flexsim. Could any one give me information where I can get this simulation file?

For your info, the Flexsim supply network consists of three locations in Vancouver, Florida and California which order various helicopter parts. These parts were delivered by two distribution centers, two local trans-shipment centers and an original equipment manufacturer.

Thank you for your help.

Riadi
Old 09-02-2008
Flexsim User

Jon Fournier will become famous soon enoughJon Fournier will become famous soon enough

Hi Riadi,

I haven't seen the supply chain demo model, but could you provide a link or information on the article? I'd be interested to see it, as well as the model...

Thanks,

Jon
Old 09-02-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 9
Yasemin Vatandas is on a distinguished road

I think I've found an article which might be the one that Riadi mentioned.
Title of the article is: "Supply Chain Risk Management: A Neural Network Approach", by Frank Teuteberg.
It is included in the following book as a single chapter:

Strategies and Tactics in Supply Chain Event Management
Editors: Raschid Ijioui, Heike Emmerich, Michael Ceyp,

http://www.springerlink.com/content/g18316/

Last edited by Yasemin Vatandas; 09-02-2008 at 07:39 AM. Reason: information about the article
Old 09-02-2008
Flexsim Technical Support

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 8
Alex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to behold

That was one of the demo models that came with version 3, but it has not been updated to version 4. You can still download Flexsim 3.5 from the same place you download Flexsim 4.3 (user login), but it needs an old version of Visual Studio to work.
Old 09-02-2008
Flexsim User

Unfortunately, I am not Flexsim user, I have no user login, I can not download the version 3 trial. I just tried to use the version 4 trial one week ago. I really want to learn this Flexsim supply network model. Maybe some body can help me to upload this demo model so that I can try to use it in version 4 trial.

Thank you.
Old 09-04-2008
Flexsim User

Or maybe some body can help me how to get the version 3 trial.

Thanks.
Old 09-04-2008
Flexsim User

I have already gotten the model. I got it from Talumis support, one of distributors of Flexsim.
Thank you for your cooperation.
This problem already solved.

Riadi

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flexsim Network License Installation Guide Cliff King Installation 5 03-27-2009 04:36 AM
Expertfit cannot find network key - Flexsim Network License Kris Geisberger Q&A 0 02-05-2008 05:10 PM
Supply Chain model mallik Q&A 2 01-07-2008 07:12 AM