ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Tips and Tricks
Downloads

Tips and Tricks Share helpful modeling ideas

Old 08-13-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future
Default Sample_BasicConveyorCutting_TD

I just posted an example for a BasicConveyor model, where an item enters the system and is getting conveyed.
One issue was how to convey the item over the edge which is done by switching x and y size and using yoffset on the conveyor.
The second issue was how to cut the item info half. This is done by changing the size of the item, make a copy of this item and put them in the right position on the conveyor.

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...do=file&id=158

If anybody likes to give feedback for the model, I would really appreciate this.
Old 08-13-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 1
Pablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nice

Nice to see a "simple" example of the basic conveyor, always wanted to learn to use it, but never get to try it...

a question, why the 3 or 4 wide basicconveyors?... could you do the same only using decision points?...

thanks your your sample model(s)..

regards

Pablo Concha Erilkin
Old 08-13-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

Pablo,

I am not sure if I understand your question. I used a bunch of conveyors, because in reality there are also more than one conveyor. So it has to do with being close to reality, in a way.
But I agree, it could also be possible to use just one conveyor with a bunch of decision points.

The general idea what I was testing was how to transport the item over the edge and how to cut the item. And that is what the model does. The cutting of the item was the biggest issue for me and took me some time to figure out that I need to move the item out and in the conveyor to get the events right.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback. I am glad that you like this little sample model.