ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Tips and Tricks
Downloads

Tips and Tricks Share helpful modeling ideas

Old 04-28-2008
Flexsim Super Moderator

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0
AlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the rough

Thanks, Martijn. That's exactly what I mean it is not a problem for your guys because you are already familiar with the default Flexsim working mechanism. Just It would be better to be more user friendly.

BTW, I just noticed that you have much long orange and green bars than mine. I guess that is one nice reason to have a longer user name.
Old 04-29-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Guys,

You may want to notice that not all of the flowitems have or don't have shape nodes. The easiest way to tell if the flowitem has one or not is to open the properties window and see if a shape is specified.

If you were to add a new flowitem with the "New Item" button the new flowitem created would have had a shape node.

As a general rule of thumb I would create a new flowitem and wouldn't modify a flowitem unless I positively knew that the flowitem was exactly what I needed. The same rule applies to objects as well. I wouldn't modify a library object in the library tree unless I was quite sure it was exactly what I wanted. I would use the BasicTE or BasicFR instead.

Everything is done for a purpose and there are a lot of subtleties with objects that Flexsim developers have built into the software that aren't and shouldn't need to be explained. The reason for this is that if you want to make a new object an appropriate path has already been created for you.

As always you're free to go off the beaten path but you might end up as just that, beaten.

Good Luck,
Brandon
Old 04-29-2008
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

When you hit the New Item button in the Flowitem Bin, it creates a copy of the selected flowitem for you to work with. Alan had the Basic Box selected so the "new item" he got was a copy of the basic box: no shape node.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Brandon Peterson (04-29-2008)
Old 07-24-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0
Jamie Santa Ana is on a distinguished road
Default Can't get 3d shape in yellow box

I've done all of the steps mentioned in this post. I created my 3d shape, sized it to 1x1y1z and moved it to location .5x.5y.5z. But when I bring my shape into flexsim, it comes in extra huge with no sign of a yellowbox. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've attached my shape. Can anyone help me with this?

So it wasn't working on my computer that is running on vista, but I just tried it on my laptop running xp and it worked out just fine. Probably just another vista issue..
Attached Files
File Type: zip comm ped.zip (692 Bytes, 198 views)

Last edited by Jamie Santa Ana; 07-24-2009 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Update