ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-23-2007
Flexsim User

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 1
Pablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nice
Default Using the same operator for transport and setup

Hi,

Let's say there is a queue, a processor, a dispatcher and two operators. The flowitem needs an operator to carry it from the queue to the processor, and then needs an operator for the setup of the process. After the setup i need to send the operator back to its starting position (next to the dispatcher).

my questions are:

-how do i use the same operator that transported the flowitem from the queue to the processor to do the setup?

-how do i send the operator back to a specific location after the setup if he is not needed anywhere else?

is there an easy way to do this without having to create a manual tasksequence? i tried to put a createtraveltask on the onsetupfinish trigger, but the tasksequence is passed to the operator that is idle rather than the one that did the setup.

thanks

Pablo Concha E.

Last edited by Cliff King; 09-22-2007 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-23-2007
Flexsim Technical Support

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 5
Brenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to all
Default Using the same operator for transport and setup (using global task sequences)

Pablo,

Is there a good reason you are not wanting to create your own task sequence? I really think that it would be the easiest way to accomplish what you are trying to do, and it's not difficult to make your own task sequence using Flexsim's Global Task Sequence wizard found in the Tools menu. I built a little concept model using a global task sequence, and I basically just used the default settings to do it.

1) Select following menu: Tools>Global Task Sequence>Add
2) On first tab, create reference variables to use in the tasksequence
3) On the second tab, create the tasks in the proper sequence
4) Now in the queue's "Request Transport From" field choose the pickoption titled "Create a Global Task Sequence" and reference the name of the global task sequence you created.
6) Use the Free Operators pickoption in the processor's OnSetupFinish field to release the operator from its setup utilize task.

I have attached a simple example demonstrating how to use a global task sequence to have the same operator travel to the queue, load a flowitem, travel to the processor, unload the flowitem, be utilized for the setup time, travel to the dispatcher.

Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SameOperatorTransportAndSetupUsingGlobalTaskSequence.zip (43.9 KB, 512 views)

Last edited by Cliff King; 09-22-2007 at 01:28 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brenton King For This Useful Post:
Yasemin Vatandas (07-30-2008)
Old 08-23-2007
Flexsim User

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 1
Pablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenton King View Post
Is there a reason you are not wanting to do a Custom Task Sequence?
Brenton,

Not really, i thought it was more complex before i tried that way. will add it to the model this way..

thanks,

Pablo Concha E.