ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 09-11-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0
Jamie Santa Ana is on a distinguished road
Default Reports and Statistics Options

I was just wondering if there is a way to add a user defined group of objects to the available classes list. For example, I've grouped a bunch of conveyors together, and I'd like to report all of them as one combined entity. Thanks for any help.
Old 09-14-2009
Flexsim Senior Developer

Downloads: 8
AJ Bobo is a jewel in the roughAJ Bobo is a jewel in the roughAJ Bobo is a jewel in the roughAJ Bobo is a jewel in the rough

At the moment, Flexsim Chart does not allow you to combine multiple objects into a single group. This is a feature that a few people have asked for in the last few years, so I'd like to put it in when I get a chance.

On the other hand, it is possible to use Flexsim's Experimenter to create a Performance Measure that does report the combined output of the objects that are you are interested in. There are at least two ways to do this: either create a single, custom-written performance measure that reads the values of the objects in the group, or create individual performance measures for each member, then create a final performance measure to combine the results of the individuals. I've uploaded a sample model that has both methods in it.

I hope this works for you. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CombinedStats.zip (34.4 KB, 215 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AJ Bobo For This Useful Post:
Phil BoBo (09-15-2009)
Old 09-14-2009
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

You can also use the Groups modeling utility with the Experimenter. If you add a group of selected objects as a Group, you can set up a Performance Measure that uses that group. You can then choose from a variety of information about the group: min, max, ave, total, etc.

Attached is A.J.'s model with another Performance Measure that uses a "Group".
Attached Files
File Type: zip CombinedStats2.zip (43.5 KB, 204 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Jamie Santa Ana (09-15-2009)
Old 12-02-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 4
aryka putra is on a distinguished road

Dear all,

I have question about the "performance measures" function on experimenter.
When we selected performance measure for individual object, the statistic will automatically filled by 'output' which means that we will get results about output of processor module. My question is, can I have another kind of statistic?
I need utilization of each machine and also work in process in every queue.
I have tried to type 'Utilization' and 'Work In Process' in statistic field, but it didn't work.

Thanks...
Old 12-05-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

if you perform a double click on "output" you can choose other values than the default one.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
aryka putra (12-05-2011)
Old 12-05-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryka putra View Post
Dear all,

I need utilization of each machine and also work in process in every queue.
You can choose "State percentage by individual object" and select the state you want to measure. If you need more than one state, you have to build more performance measures, for each state one performance measure.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
aryka putra (12-05-2011)

Tags
groups, reports, statistics

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Statistics: Random Number Streams Tom David Q&A 19 08-12-2014 02:02 AM
statistics cannot export to excel or csv zhang xin Container Terminal (CT) Library 2 03-12-2010 08:01 AM
Make sure you stop model with the stop button before collecting state based statistics Paul Dowling Tips and Tricks 2 06-10-2008 08:10 AM
I want Recorder to collect interval statistics qin tian Gripes and Goodies 13 03-03-2008 06:43 PM