ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 12-04-2009
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can I compile a DLL with having DLLMain in a separate directory

This is one for the techies.
What I'm trying to do is the following. I have a directory "DLL Maker" that contains the checked out code from the google project that you need to build a DLL

Besides that I have a project directory with some subdirectories that contains all the files of project (.fsl file, chm files and a lot of cpp & h files )

Now it would be nice if I could compile this project, using the DLL Maker directory, without having to copy files from the "DLL Maker" into the project directory.

The idea behind it is that if you have multiple projects you can use the same base files for all projects and if Flexsim updates the google project and I can update my working copy, compile again and ready. Otherwise I have to copy these files to multipe directories with changes of missing one etc.

Hope it is clear what I want and that it is possible

Steven
Old 12-04-2009
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 2
Lars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to behold

Hi Steven,

Then short answer is, yes you can have the files for the "DLL Maker" in one directory and then call them from your Visual Studio Project.

The files you can call from the project is *.h and *.c.
Do not forget to add the path to the "DLL Maker" files in the Visual Studio Project.

What I would do is have the project file located in the same place as my model project and also here I would have all my own *.cpp files and *.h files the is unique for this project.
All other *.cpp and *.h files that is the same for multiple project I would put in shared directory.

Added an example project.

Hope this answer your question.

Lars-Olof
Attached Files
File Type: zip DLL Test.zip (41.9 KB, 222 views)

Last edited by Lars-Olof Leven; 12-04-2009 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Added an example
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lars-Olof Leven For This Useful Post:
Tom David (12-04-2009)

Tags
compiling, dll, dll maker

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dispay information on separate screen Maurits Brandt Tips and Tricks 1 10-09-2007 02:23 AM