ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-15-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Jelmer Js is on a distinguished road
Default Two queue's and a processor

Hello
My model contains 6 objects (named in logic sequence):
1. Source
2. Rack
3. Crane
4. Processor with two que's, no.1 and no.2 (one que supplies the processor, the other que is being used to store finished items)

Process sequence: The source generates a flowitem, which get stored in the rack. When the item is ready for processing, the crane transports it to que 1.

A processor contains 2 que's (a queue can contain 1 item), one supplies the processor, the other is for storing WIP inventory for that processor.

The model in FlexSim constantly supplies que 1 and que 2, whilst the processor also operates on an item. However, if Queue 2 contains an item queue 1 should always be empty.
When queue 2 contains an item, the crane should transport this item to the rack before it can load queue 1

I would like to know how I can solve this problem.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Example.zip (32.5 KB, 140 views)
Old 04-17-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

You can try using prioritys of the crane.
But I think a even better way would be, to close Inputport of Queue 1 in the On Entry Trigger of Queue 2 and open it in the Exit Trigger even if the content is 0. What would be allways in your model because of the maximum content of 1.
Am not sure, if it works the Way you want. But I think the idea may help.
Setting the content(current)==1 in the if statement let´s run the model for more than 2 items.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Example_SH.zip (32.9 KB, 137 views)
Old 04-19-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 16
Jelmer Js is on a distinguished road

Hello Sebastian,

Nice solution! With your solution my problem is solved!

Thanks!

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Batch Processor? Anthony Timmiss Q&A 7 08-19-2009 10:11 AM
Getting a Processor to re-run Alistair Smitheman Q&A 3 07-31-2009 06:47 AM
Processor Martijn van Oostenbrugge Q&A 0 08-27-2008 03:01 PM
Is Queue's AvgContent correct? qin tian Gripes and Goodies 3 03-02-2008 09:49 PM
Multi-Processor Help Davie Stomp Q&A 3 01-27-2008 02:23 PM