ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-05-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 1
KelvinHo will become famous soon enough
Default How to set the height of the conveyor?

Hi,

I would like to set the height of the conveyor, I tried to change size Z in properties page but fail , and in conveyor layout page also seems no cell for the conveyor's height.

As shown in the jpg....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	con height.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	739.9 KB
ID:	150  
Old 03-05-2008
Technical Support Manager

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0
Jeff Nordgren is just really niceJeff Nordgren is just really niceJeff Nordgren is just really niceJeff Nordgren is just really nice

Kelvin,

You have to change the z height in the Properties Window. Then go to the Parameters Window and down in the bottom right corner of the window, check the "Leg base relative to conveyor (not floor)" box and in the Leg base dimension field, enter the z height (that you changed) plus 1. So if you changed the z height to 3, enter 4 in this field.
Old 03-06-2008
Flexsim User

Hi Jeff,

I tried your solution,the problem is cant set height in properties windows (cant change the z value)

Kelvin
Old 03-06-2008
Flexsim Technical Support

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 5
Brenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to all

Kelvin,

In the properties window there are three different xyz fields. (location,rotation,size) You won't be able to change the z size in the properties window of a conveyor. What Jeff was telling you to do was change the Z location.
If you set the Z location to 3, for example, you should see the conveyor higher in the air when you hit OK. At this point your legs wont be touching the ground though so we need to make some other adjustments. Jeff told you what to do but I will repeat it.

Now that your conveyor is off of the ground at level 3 you should go into the parameters window of your conveyor under the conveyor tab. The options you will change are located in the bottom right corner of this window. Check the box for 'Leg base relative to conveyor' and then change the 'Leg base dimension' to be whatever the z height of the conveyor is (three) plus one. This will show your conveyor legs being 4 units long and they should go all the way to the ground.
Old 03-07-2008
Flexsim User

Hi Brenton,

For the current solution it can just give a virtual z size to conveyor, the actual z size is still 1 and only the z location is changed, it may be useful if the conveyor z size is greater than 1.

For me case, I need to change the conveyor z size to less than 1, if I use the solution, I need to set the z location to -ve value, which would lead to other problems (e.g. difficult to select, once move it's z location , the value would change back to +ve, etc.)

Kelvin
Old 03-07-2008
Flexsim Technical Support

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 5
Brenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to all

I'm not sure I understand but I don't really need to as long as you do. Do you have any other questions about the conveyor that I could help you with?
Old 03-10-2008
Flexsim Canada, Forum Moderator

Downloads: 54
Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of

Kelvin,

What is the height of your conveyor? Say your conveyor is only 0.2 units in height, using Brenton's math:

1. Set the Z location (position) of the conveyor to -0.8.
2. Check the box for 'Leg base relative to conveyor' and then change the 'Leg base dimension' to 0.2.

As long as some part an object's 3D shape is above the Z = 0 plane, you will not have any trouble selecting the object. In this example, 0.2 units are still above the "floor".

If you move the conveyor with 'Snap to Grid' ON, it will NOT snap the Z location to 0 as you suggested, it will remain at -0.8.

Kris