ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-15-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0
Vadim Fooks will become famous soon enough
Default Need help with the transporter

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am modeling picking and replenishment operations in the warehouse.
The picking part was easy. I used a task executer with a custom 3d shape for a pallet transporter and it worked out splendidly - the picker moves in to get to the picking spot, gets out, loads product, moves back in, etc.
The replenishment part proves more challenging because it involves a reach truck driver getting out to collect the remaining stock from the pallet and transferring it to the new pallet by hand.
I started with the transporter, created 3d shapes for an empty stand-up reach truck and its forks, and when empty, it works great. When I try to move the operator in, the operator moves up and down with the forks and messes up the location of the pallet on the forks.
Is there any way to work around this and make the operator stick in the cabin?
Thank you!
Vadim
P.S. The reach truck has a smaller footprint than a counterbalance, so I had to move the forks closer to match dimensions of the vehicle I was modeling. When I ran the model, the pallet was hovering in the air where the forks originally were. I fixed the problem by adding setloc() to the onentry trigger, but I am wondering if there is an option to do that from the animation window that I overlooked.

Last edited by Vadim Fooks; 08-15-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-17-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Move the Operator to the node drawsurrogate(node of the Transporter). There you can set the location of the Operator. The Operator does not behave as a Flowitem anymore.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Vadim Fooks (08-18-2012)
Old 08-18-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 26
Vadim Fooks will become famous soon enough
Smile

Thanks Jörg! It worked out quite nicely. I found a little glitch though - when I move the operator in, the color of his shirt reverts to default yellow and reverts to the proper color when I move him out. But that is a small trouble indeed. I will just change the shirt on the operator back to yellow and when the customer will ask why, I will tell him that the guy is wearing a hi-vis safety vest :-))))
The Following User Says Thank You to Vadim Fooks For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (08-18-2012)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to use two transporter from seperator Manoj Kumar Tips and Tricks 1 05-23-2012 03:14 AM
Capacity of Transporter Gutirallo Q&A 3 01-09-2012 12:22 PM
How to sort items in a transporter Michael Herfert Tips and Tricks 4 01-03-2012 05:18 AM
Reversing a Transporter Nischith Kashyap Q&A 3 06-15-2011 01:51 AM
Stop a Transporter Nischith Kashyap Q&A 1 02-24-2011 03:05 AM