ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-04-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0
oliver xie is on a distinguished road
Default cannot load sketchup 3d file(.skp)

i have built a model using flexsim 6.0.2 and there are some .skp 3d graphics in it. when i moved this model from my computer to another computer, an error appeard when i open this model as following:
Name:  error.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  18.4 KB
and all .skp 3d graphics cannot display. i donnot know why this happen. can anyone help me to solve this problem?
Old 04-04-2013
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

It is good to always search first...
This is a known problem and there are few posts about it on the forum so use the search functionality with "sketchup" and you will find the solution
Old 04-04-2013
Flexsim User

hi steven
thanks for your reply ! i have searched the solutions to my problem and i found something in this post:http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...light=sketchup
but i think my problem is different with others because i have do the sketechupread.dll register on my pc successfully. but this did not solve my problem.
and i find something strange, becasue on the same pc i can see the .skp graphics in one model and i cannot see it in the other. and the two models both have the same reference path to the .skp graphics. i have not found some similar problem like mine.so i hope someone can give some suggestions to my problem.
Old 04-04-2013
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

Maybe your reference path to your .skp-file is still wrong and you've selected the "Embed media with model" in model settings?! This could be an explanation why the same .skp-file is visible or invisible on the same computer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
oliver xie (04-05-2013)
Old 04-05-2013
Flexsim User

hi carsten seehafer
thank you so much! it is the uncheck of "Embed media with model" in model settings solve my problem.
but i do not know what is the function of "Embed media with model" and there is no explanation about this option in user manual. can you give me some information about this?
Name:  问题.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  171.0 KB
The Following User Says Thank You to oliver xie For This Useful Post:
Carsten Seehafer (04-07-2013)
Old 04-07-2013
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

You get a short explanation if you keep your mouse on this option With this option flexsim embed your media files (like pictures and shapes) into your model. This is very useful because you don't have to care about your media files if you share a model.
The Following User Says Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
oliver xie (04-09-2013)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sketchup Hint: Making parts of a skp file show the Flexsim color Phil BoBo Tips and Tricks 9 10-02-2013 09:17 AM
shadows sketchup Carsten Seehafer Q&A 3 05-21-2012 10:59 AM
Sketchup import George Serhan Competitive Comparisons 2 12-19-2011 09:01 AM
"Error including file for global macros. The file flexsimdefs.h could not be opened." Shahin Gelareh Container Terminal (CT) Library 1 12-15-2011 12:50 PM
How to load a *.t file into a node with commands/code? Tom David Q&A 5 01-12-2009 11:31 AM