ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-24-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Sung Kim is on a distinguished road
Default Non Passing for TEFlowitem

Hi,

I would like to see TaskExcuterFlowItem line up on the network path if the destination is blocked.
I tried to use the "non-passing" option with "Do not travel offsets and block space on networks". I tried other combination of options, but this combination offers the behavior as close as I expected, but not quite as what I expected.
I attched a test model for your review. Basically,
  • TaskExcuterFlowItem travels from StartQ to EndQ.
  • EndQ has capacity 5.
  • I expect 6th TEFlowItem line up once the EndQ accumulated to its capacity 5. (I expect 5 TEFlowItems stacked in EndQ)
  • I expect the line-up forms from 6th TEFlowItem to all the way down to StartQ. (from NN6 - NN4 - NN1)
However, interestingly, EndQ would not accept any more than one TEFlowItem.
I tried to empty out the EndQ by connecting to available Sink just to see the queue brings in new TEFlowItem, but still it would not allow to move forward or line up.
Any advice would be appreciated much.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm nonpassingtest.fsm (33.5 KB, 82 views)

Tags
non passing

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's the meaning of 'non-passing' of yellow tape in networknode? syseo Q&A 1 12-22-2012 12:23 PM
Is passing array arguments to nodefunctions acceptable? Vadim Fooks Q&A 2 12-18-2012 10:39 AM
Passing parameters in executefsnode Sung Kim Q&A 2 06-01-2010 09:37 AM
Passing strings into a usercommand Nico Zahn Q&A 6 01-13-2010 11:20 AM