ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-18-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
riccardo torchio is on a distinguished road
Default Avi maker not working

Hi everyone, i'm experiencing some problems with the avi maker.

i set the parameters (tools - presentation - avi maker) like the starting time, ending time and i leave the other settings on default.

on the 3d view i do "click right - view - designate this view sv"

the i start the simulation and i touch NOTHING, flexsim make the avi file and when it's done i press stop.

Now if i try to open the avi file i receive some error from every program i use (VLC, Window media player).

Am i doing something wrong??

thanks for suggestions / help

edit: actually i managed to let it work but the resolution of the output is really poor....

Last edited by riccardo torchio; 11-18-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-19-2013
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by riccardo torchio View Post
Now if i try to open the avi file i receive some error from every program i use (VLC, Window media player).
Please take a look at the files size. I would suggest that your file is something about 3+ Gb. And if that is the case you've reached the maximum video file size and got an invalid file.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (11-25-2013)
Old 11-25-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Is it also possible to Show the Dashboard in Video? I only found out how to make 3D Window sv. Dashboard don´t got this Option!?
Old 11-26-2013
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

Maybe this old thread can give you an alternative solution:

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ead.php?t=2602
The Following User Says Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (11-26-2013)
Old 11-26-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Carsten, I´ve allready worked with Camtasia Studio and it works really great. I just hoped the on board tool of FlexSim does help to show results on dashboard, too

Tags
avi maker, video

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
problem about dll maker (for Visual Studio 2008) LINWEIXU Q&A 6 09-12-2012 03:44 AM
DLL Maker and VC++ 2010 Samuel Jack Q&A 6 04-20-2012 07:07 AM
Time for AVI Maker Makeover JMEngelhart Gripes and Goodies 0 02-10-2011 10:36 AM
Working Logic of Dispatcher AlanZhang Q&A 6 02-09-2009 10:38 AM
AVI maker not working Asif Paranjpe Q&A 5 01-17-2008 02:15 PM