ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-02-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
chrisquek is on a distinguished road
Default New user need help!

Hi,

Im a new user of flexsim. Would someone explain to me how to use the round robin for transporters?

Regards
Old 05-04-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 14
Paul Dowling is on a distinguished road

Hi Chris,
I assume you mean how to assign tasks to transporters in a round robin fashion? (eg, for a given set of tasks, they are allocated to a group of transporters cyclically.

This is done using a dispatcher:
  1. Connect a dispatcher to the central port of your object requesting transport (s- dragging)
  2. Turn on "use transport" in the flow tab of your objecting requesting transport (should default to "port by expression center port number: 1". This is what you want)
  3. Connect however many transporters you need to to the dispatcher (a- dragging)
  4. In the Dispatcher tab of the dispatcher, chose round robin from the drop bown list of the PassTo box.
And thats it!

PS- If i misunderstood your question and you meant send to different locations in a round robin fashion (and taken there by a transporter), it is done by changing the send to port box of the object requesting transport to "round robin" (you don't need to change anything in the transporter and may not need a dispatcher)

Paul
Old 05-05-2008
Flexsim User

Hi Paul,

What i had in mind was that, if i have a elevator as a transporter, how do i make it travel in this sequence (e.g. from lvl 1 to 7 no jumps in between), or lets say (e.g. the elevator may go up to any lvl from 1 onwards but only can move and upwards direction and not going from like lvl 3 than to lvl 2 than back to lvl 7). Hope you get what i mean. Haha.

Regards
Chris
Old 05-05-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Chris,

I am assuming that the reason you don't want it to skip levels is because you have a capacity more than one and you want the elevator to drop off in the order of the floor requested and not in the order of arrival. If this is correct then I would suggest that you try using the task sequence priority to achieve the result you are looking for. I suggest this because you are new and priority is the easiest thing to try. I would make task sequences travelling to the lower floors have a higher priority; this should get you the result you are looking for.

If the problem gets much worse than this then you are probably looking at having to make custom task sequences or at writing your own custom dispatching code. I could be wrong on this and someone might have already found another solution to this problem but I don't know of anyone that has.

Good Luck,
Brandon
Old 05-05-2008
Flexsim User

Brandon,

Thanks for the help, will give it a try. Rather new at this. =P

Regards
Chris