ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-03-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
shivrash is on a distinguished road
Default Problem in changing the direction of movement of flowitems?

I have got a problem in my model... By default the part which moves in Flexsim are from left to right, but in my model the source is situated on the right side (it is a Z shape layout wherein the source is at the right top corner)..
When I run the model, the flowitems are shown as moving from left to right towards i.e., towards the source...
How to overcome this?
Old 04-03-2008
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Change your objects' RZ properties to 180 so that they are rotated 180 degrees.
Old 04-03-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
shivrash is on a distinguished road

Thanks Phil, its done...
Old 04-09-2008
Flexsim Canada, Forum Moderator

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 1
Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of

I've heard this one a few times so I figured it deserved its own thread.

If you want the object to keep its original orientation, set the RZ in the Properties window to 180 as Phil said, then press the Edit button beside Shape Factors and set the RZ to 180, the X to 1, and the Y to 1.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	reversing flowitem movement on processor.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	202  
The Following User Says Thank You to Kris Geisberger For This Useful Post:
shivrash (01-28-2012)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with Processor Output avinash Q&A 2 03-26-2008 09:19 AM
Multi-Processor Help Davie Stomp Q&A 3 01-27-2008 02:23 PM
Pay attention to flowitem references Iulian Marin Ion Q&A 5 12-09-2007 04:06 PM
Customizing Flowitem Attributes - a quest for the flowitem with the fewest attributes Cliff King Tips and Tricks 0 11-22-2007 12:22 PM