ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-26-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 1
KelvinHo will become famous soon enough
Default can I use an edit box entry to update multiple labels?

Hi all,

I would like to add an edit box in the GUI to update the process time of all machines, I tried to write 2 lines in "coldlink" or add 2 "coldlink" attributes in the edit box but both not work. Please help, thanks

Regards,
Kelvin
Old 03-26-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

Kelvin,

You can have only one line of code in the “coldlink” / “hotlink” which will be executed, as far as I know. Even if you put a comment line as first line in it, the “coldlink” will not work.
So I guess what you need to do is to use a button an “on press” to do the job. You can add you own button or you use the existing Apply and Ok button.
Use the “coldlink” to store the process time and the button to write it to all machines.

Or you use the “coldlink” to store the process time e.g. in a label and the reset trigger on the machines to get the process time.
Or you use the “coldlink” to store the process time in a label and use directly the Process Time on the machines to get the process time from this label.

So I see lots of possibilities to model your scenario.
I would normally use a label to store the information and let all Processors read from this label.

Good success.
tom the (A)tom
Old 03-26-2008
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kelvin,

There are a few options here:
You can use the apply button and have an onpress node there and write some code to update all process times.

You could have a coldlink with a table cell and let all the processors look at that table cell for their processtimes

Similar to the previous solution, you could have some basic fixed resource with a label and have a coldlink to that label. The processors should then look to this label for their process times.
Here you could also link the gui to that object so if you click on it your gui pops up.

Hope to have given you some ideas.

Steven
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
KelvinHo (03-27-2008)
Old 03-26-2008
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

I just saw that Tom already gave an answer. Well you have 2 now

Steven
Old 03-26-2008
Flexsim User

Thanks both,

I would try the GUI->global table->processor method as all the variables can be shown clearly and can export to xls

However, how to link the coldlink to the table cell?

I tried:

MAIN:/project/model/Tools/GlobalTables/Table name/variables/data/row name/column name

but not work

Thanks.
Old 03-27-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 20
Naresh Yamani is on a distinguished road

Hi Kelvin,

One method of syntax is as follows:

MAIN:/project/model/Tools/GlobalTables/Table name>variables/data/row name/column name

-Naresh
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naresh Yamani For This Useful Post:
Pablo Concha (03-27-2008)
Old 03-27-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 100
Pablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nice

Hello,

i tried an example directing a coldlink to a table cell and the cold link set as follows:

@>objectfocus+/Tools/GlobalTables/tablename>variables/data/row/column

that is with the objectfocus attribute of the gui pointing to the model (default option), if you set the objectfocus pointing to the table, like this:

MAIN:/project/model/Tools/GlobalTables/tablename

the coldlink works with this direction:

@>objectfocus+>variables/data/row/column

... just tried Naresh suggestion and it works too, never used it like that before...

regards

Pablo Concha E.
Old 03-27-2008
Flexsim User

I tried to add 2 edit boxes and a apply button in the GUI. But the apply button only works on the 1st edit box, I would like to ask how to make the apply button works on both edit box, thx.

Kelvin
Attached Files
File Type: zip test gui.zip (15.2 KB, 328 views)
Old 03-27-2008
Flexsim User

Hello Kelvin,

I would like to suggest you that whenever you reference the table cell, better you follow the syntax like this:

MAIN:/project/model/Tools/GlobalTables/testtable>variables/data/i/j
OR
@>objectfocus+/ Tools/GlobalTables/testtable>variables/data/i/j

Where i = row number
j = column number

Find the attached model, you will get an idea.

Thanks
Naresh
Attached Files
File Type: zip test gui.zip (15.3 KB, 340 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Naresh Yamani For This Useful Post:
Xavier Jackson (07-09-2008)
Old 03-27-2008
Flexsim User

Oh Thanks naresh, when changed to number it works fine, but why cant use row/column name??
Kelvin
Old 03-28-2008
Flexsim User

Hello Kelvin,

If you look at into Flexsim’s tree, MAIN:/project/model/Tools/GlobalTables/Tablename>variables/data/, rows and its column data node names (Ex. Row 1 and Col 1) will be created by default when you add a global table. You can’t reference any node with row/column name if there is no node name allocated to it. You should have a valid path to the node you are accessing to.

Actually Flexsim’s TREE is the MOST POWERFUL database if you are get used to it. Of course, you can add the node names to each row and column in the tree and call row and column names in the code but it doesn’t really make sense as it is just a matrix of M rows and N columns.
The easiest way is to use the index of its each node so that you could manipulate any data within the tree easily.

Thanks
Naresh
The Following User Says Thank You to Naresh Yamani For This Useful Post:
Cliff King (03-31-2008)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Entry trigger mallik Q&A 4 01-25-2008 07:18 AM
manual entry danieldiep Q&A 5 11-26-2007 06:11 AM
Operators on Multiple Networks Nico Zahn Q&A 0 10-10-2007 03:02 AM
Display Labels with the Recorder tsconcept Q&A 9 09-26-2007 08:16 AM