ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-16-2016
Flexsim User

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Katharina Muller is on a distinguished road
Default AGV network on visual plane & several AGV's in one elevator

Hello,

I've got few questions regarding the AGV module:
  1. How can I model the AGV network onto a visual plane, as I can do with the normal traffic network? I want to model several floors in a building and easily move them around and switch visibility of entire floor on/off? When I draw AGV network on the visual plane it does not get inside the "container".
  2. Also currently when I copy a path with z location=5m, when I paste it becomes z=0m, especially for curved elements this is annoying as the z location cannot be simply changed via the quick properties pane. Have I overlooked something or is there a certain keyboard shortcut etc. that helps? Putting it all into the same container and then change the z-location of the visual plane would be the easiest option...
  3. Is it possible to let several AGV's take one elevator at the same time? I tried to increase elevator capacity, but that did not do the trick. Or do I need to define multiple spur paths with entry/exit CP's similar to pickup/dropoff points? Is a lot of customization of code required to achieve this? Or could several AGV's be logically tagged together as a kind of tugger train and then handled as "one" vehicle by the elevator? Has anyone implemented already a model with several AGV's taking the same lift, e.g. for a hospital?
Thanks, Kat
Old 01-16-2016
Flexsim User

Downloads: 145
sagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the rough

Hello Katharina,

For your 1st and 2nd question It is not possible for the AGV’s and associated paths to move into visual plane.But instead you can use the model floor object as the second floor before you set the value of floor z from view settings and after building set it back to zero.If you want to see through the floor delete the model floor object from the tool box.

Last edited by sagar bolisetti; 01-17-2016 at 06:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sagar bolisetti For This Useful Post:
Katharina Muller (01-17-2016)
Old 01-18-2016
Flexsim User

Downloads: 16
Katharina Muller is on a distinguished road

Okay forget about question 3, client decided to use dedicated lifts for each AGV and chose larger vehicles instead.

Tags
agv, elevator, visual plane

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Using a visual tool as a container and controlling the input into the visual tool Axel Kohonen Tips and Tricks 0 10-01-2015 12:34 AM
Elevator David Chan FlexSim HC: Q&A 4 09-23-2014 08:53 PM
Where is the Near Clipping Plane George Serhan Q&A 5 09-27-2012 12:30 AM
Elevator David Chan Q&A 2 02-20-2008 07:20 PM