ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Gripes and Goodies
Downloads

Gripes and Goodies Software problems and suggestions

Old 07-19-2012
Process Engineer

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Peter Walters is on a distinguished road
Default Flexsim engine has stopped working

While running my Flexsim model, Flexsim will halt suddenly and I will get a windows message stating "Flexsim engine has stopped working". I have run the model a number of times under a variation of speeds, and the model always halts around the same model time (~3500-3600 time units).

This leads me to believe that the error is occurring with something within the model that occurs around that time. I am going to look into events that may transition around this time, but I am wondering if there are activities already known to cause an abrupt halt, to help narrow my search?

While I dont believe it to be my computer, for completeness sake I am using:
Dell laptop running windows 7 SP1, 64-bit
Intel Core i7-2760 QM CPU @ 2.40 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
Video card I believe is a NVIDIA NVS-4200M

Thanks for any input.
Old 07-19-2012
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Here are a few things to look for:

1. Infinite loops of function calls. (Such as recursive user commands or infinite sendmessage())

2. Infinite loops of passing task sequences. (Such as a dispatcher passing to a task executer, that passed back to the dispatcher, that passes to the task executer, etc...)

3. Infinite OnResourceAvailable triggers on a task executer. (If the OnResourceAvailable creates a task sequence that takes 0 time to do, then it will keep calling itself infinitely because it keeps finishing that task and becoming available again.)

If you can't figure it out, you can send your model to Tech Support.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Peter Walters (07-23-2012)
Old 07-20-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

@ Peter:

As it sounds this happens only with this one model!? So I think it´s a problem with one of your logics. Phil explained some possibilities.

I would open the "Event List" under "Debug" Tab and have a look at what happened last in the model before failure message appears. This should give you a hint where to start searching.
Old 07-23-2012
Process Engineer

Downloads: 0
Peter Walters is on a distinguished road

I was able to narrow down the source and figure it out. Phil was on the money though.

I had given two transporters an OnResourceAvailable task of returning to a specific node. For some reason this specific command was causing the model to crash periodically. I took that out and wrote the movement into a global task sequence which they now run, and that seems to have solved the problem completely.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clock Overflow Flow Stopped Error Msg shashanktrivedi Q&A 1 06-08-2011 08:24 PM
Using Flexsim as a simulation engine? Kenny Macleod Q&A 2 11-19-2008 03:15 PM
error message "Clock overflow, running stopped" Martin Kooijman Q&A 11 04-17-2008 10:29 AM
How does a Simulation Engine work ? Vinay Mehendiratta Q&A 2 02-14-2008 01:01 PM
AVI maker not working Asif Paranjpe Q&A 5 01-17-2008 02:15 PM