ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-25-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Nicky Yen is on a distinguished road
Default use large volume of modules in flexsim?

hello:

For some reasons, I have to use over 5000 modules in flexsim.
But I find a problem, to modified every action it will be very slow.
How can I solve this problem?

my os: win7 32bit
ram: DDR3-1333-8GB (also use ramdisk)

thanks a lot!
Old 05-25-2012
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what you mean with modules? Do you mean flowitems? or do you mean objects? (technically a flowitem is also an object)

There are many posts about speed issues so use the search functionality. Here are few starters: http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...t=speed+issues

If you are realy using 5000 objects you have to tell us what you are doing because that doesn't sound necessary.
Old 05-25-2012
Flexsim User

thanks for reply.

I mean use "objects".

because I try to simulate a very large warehouse, there are over 3000 racks.
include the networknode and transporters, there are over 5000 objects.

When I pull about 1000 objects(600 racks), it will getting slowly.
I have observing the memory of flexsim in windows task manager, it never exceed 90,000K.
Old 05-25-2012

Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure that you are using your rack's correctly? Because with 3000 racks if your isles are split up in 3 parts you still have 1000 isles!! This sounds strange to me. It sounds like you are using a rack per bay.

Anyway if this is not the case then try to switch off the view of a large number of racks that you are not directly using. Either put sets of racks in visual tools and switch the contents of the visual tools on and off or use the object groups functionality of flexsim to switch groups on or off. I suspect that the animation simply can't handle it. What Flexsim version and what graphics card are you using?
Old 05-25-2012
Flexsim User

Smile

yes, you are correct!
because I want to simulate walk route in real.
if I use more bay in one rack, it will lead incorrect walk route(perpendicular) even I use some ways by seniors in this community.

for solve this problem, I use multiple racks(1 bay) instead of on rack(multiple bay).
My primary requirement is not for animation, but I like the TE's pass to function.
Is that any help that can fill my requirement in flexsim?

flexsim 5.5.1.2
Geforce GT 440
Old 05-25-2012

Sorry but this is not the right approach. Using tasksequence you can model any walk way you want and they don't put any strain on your system or on your model. So back to the drawing board and look into the tasksequences. I just made a small project and I simply queried the location of a rack and then calculated the bay position and just made a traveltoloc. Or use 2 pickoffset tasks first for the X and then the Y part of the travel.

There are a lot ways of doing it but modelling every single individual bay is not the right one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Nicky Yen (05-25-2012)
Old 05-25-2012
Flexsim User

I've seen the message to you, thank you!
Old 05-29-2012

Nicky,

First I don't answer private message if we are discussing it on the forum because I want that everybody learns.

Secondly I couldn't open any of your models, one didn't show anything. the other gave all kinds of errors. (Flexsim 5.5.1.2 doesn't exist by the way)

Thirdly youre question was how to walk perpendicular. If you place a source and a rack and an operator in your model. Connect operator to the source and on the Use Transport select Task Sequence Example 1 and replace the tasksequence by this code:

inserttask(ts,TASKTYPE_FRLOAD,item,current,port);
inserttask(ts,TASKTYPE_BREAK,NULL,NULL);
inserttask(ts,TASKTYPE_PLACEOFFSET,item,outobject( current,port), 1, 0, 0);
inserttask(ts,TASKTYPE_PLACEOFFSET,item,outobject( current,port), 0, 1, 0);
inserttask(ts,TASKTYPE_FRUNLOAD,item,outobject(cur rent,port),opipno(current,port));

You will see that it walks perpendicalur to the bay and then into the rack.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Area/Volume Mapping Naresh Yamani Q&A 2 09-26-2012 05:37 AM
Best way to transfer a large volume of data from the dll to flexsim? Vadim Fooks Q&A 10 08-06-2012 02:31 PM
Large aerospace company is looking for a outside contractor Bill Nordgren Job Opportunities 0 02-06-2012 02:10 PM
Loading a large map as a background Kenny Macleod Q&A 6 02-09-2009 03:46 PM
Output high volume data Liu Bin Q&A 8 06-16-2008 09:18 AM