ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 02-22-2015
Hassan Elhajj

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default MTBF and MTTR

Dear all
I have a model with 14 processors, I want to let the breakdown to happen arbitrarily each alone , Shall put them in one table and check the box saying : Break down Members individually or how can i do it

please guide me as soon as possible

regards,
Your new best friend
Hassan
Old 02-23-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Hassan,
Quote:
Break down Members individually
will do it.

Jörg
Old 02-24-2015
Hassan Elhajj

Exclamation

Dear Jorg

I did it to breakdown the whole system all together in report and statistics it shows the total time of breakdown for the whole system , but how can I view which machine was broken and for how long it was broken and the time to repair..
to make it more clear a small explanation

14 machines: since each machine breaks down the whole system together total breakdown is 2 hours, but only through the run 3 machines got broken down machine 1 broken for 1 hour and machine 6 broken for 1.5 hour and machine 5 broken for .5 hours

I want to see this failures with timings :
Machine 1
Machine 6
Machine 5
how can i because this will help me to understand my system more and will help in deciding to add buffers or no

Regards,
Hassan Elhajj
Old 02-24-2015
Flexsim User

Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Hassan,
such statistic isn't standard anymore. You can build it with tracked variables, a dashboard item called tracked Variable vs Time and the two triggers On Break Down and On Repair.
For each state and object you like to see a statistic when the state occures you create a tracked variable. If the On Break Down fires in the MTBF MTTR tool you set the tracked variable to a value. On Repair you set this variable back to null. In the Dashboard you can see the time points when the states change.
Maybe someone else has got a faster or easier approach.
First I figured out to use the event trigger OnStateChange. But I think it is to complicated to start with.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Hassan Elhajj (02-24-2015)
Old 02-24-2015
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Hassan,

I am not sure, if I did understand you correctly, but you can use the State Gantt Chart widget in the dashboard to track status changes over time. If you rightclick the widget after finishing your simulation run, you can export the raw data to a csv file and analyse them in Excel.

I hope that was, what you were asking for?

Best wishes
Ralf
FlexSim
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RalfGruber For This Useful Post:
Steven Hamoen (02-24-2015)
Old 02-26-2015
Hassan Elhajj

Smile What about states

Dear Ralf

Thank you very much i really got a great benifet of the state Grantt Chart and i exported the data to .csv , but the problem was to analyze the data on excel as following as a table

machine1- machine 1 state - machine 5 - machine 5 state
time - ( 1 or 2 or 4 or 7 or 11) - time - ( 1 or 2 or 4 or 7 or 11)

I got exactly what I want thanks but what does each state 1 ,2 , 4 , 7 corresponds to which is idle, which is breakdown , which is processing ???

btw what does blocked mean in this software
couldn't find explanation in the user manual ?
Old 02-26-2015
Flexsim User

Default State List

Hello Hassan,

the numbers are the ranks of the State List.
You find them in the Manual > Index > State List
1 - State Idle
2 - State Processing
4 - State Blocked
7 - State Collecting
11 - State Scheduled Down

The State Blocked appears, if an object want to release an item but the following object cannot receive it. The following object blocks the previous.

Jörg
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
RalfGruber (02-26-2015)
Old 02-26-2015
Hassan Elhajj

dear Jorg
thanks you made my day

Regards
Hassan Elhajj
Old 02-28-2015
Hassan Elhajj

Wink mixing between two

Dear all one extra question my dear friends

If in the same system i want each machine to breakdown alone, but if it is broken it will freeze the whole system and stops any process. when it is repaired the whole system runs again, how can I do it ?

+ why when i generate a report the utilization column stays empty ??

regards,
thanks for all of your assistance...

Hassan EL-hajj
Old 03-01-2015
Hassan Elhajj

Red face

Dear all can anyone make my life easier
In the same model I am having
our run time is 144 hrs with breakdown of 28 hrs ( coming from 56 failures each of .5 hrs)
i Want this failure to be distributed equal on 4 machines only,
shall i put them in one MTBF and put the time to be 10.2 hrs
so each machine fails 14 times
and
shall i put them in one MTBF and shows breakdown members individually?

what i did is
created MTBF containing the 4 members are the machines and first failure, and MTBf is normal: 10 hrs + MTTR is Uniform ( 8 mins, 20 mins)
After i run the model and generated a report with breakdown resulting in
machine 1 : 3.01 hrs
machine 2 : 2.9 hrs
machine 3 : 3.3 hrs
machine 4 : 3.3 hrs total of 12.6 hrs so is everything right??

again what actually want is to distribute the failures equally with the right MTBF

Tags
mtbf, mttr

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Several MTBF/MTTR for 1 processor ? ankus d Q&A 15 01-18-2016 01:27 PM
Issue with MTBF MTTR..!! mearjun Q&A 5 06-09-2013 08:01 PM
How to use MTBF/MTTR in real case? Liang Wen Yin Q&A 10 08-22-2012 10:58 AM
Assign one operator for duration of MTBF/MTTR jspeece Q&A 3 10-12-2009 11:47 AM
MTBF MTTR dabombchibz Q&A 5 04-07-2009 09:01 AM