ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-04-2009
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Move Multiple Controls on a GUI

I know I have asked this before but I think it was maybe on the old forum. Is there a way to select and move a number of controls on a GUI at the same time?

With the mouse and the shift key I can select multiple controls but moving them doesn't work.

Steven
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Jason Lightfoot (03-04-2009)
Old 03-04-2009
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

If you have multiple controls selected in a GUI and you move one of them, it actually does move all the selected controls. You need to refresh the GUI with F5 to see the changes though. It is pretty quirky.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Jason Lightfoot (03-04-2009)
Old 03-04-2009

Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Phil,

With me that doesn't work. Could that be because I have them on a tabcontrol or something like that?

I think it is a bit too quirky for my taste But thanks anyway.

Steven
Old 03-04-2009
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

All,

Selecting multiple objects in a GUI is best done from within the tree. If you do it from inside of the GUI then you will more than likely select the containing objects as well. This could be why you don't thinkthat it is working because you are actually moving the container too. So if you do select the objects from within the GUI look at the tree structure and make sure you have only selected the objects you want selected before you try to move them.

Good Luck,
Brandon
Old 03-05-2009

I justed wanted to let you know that it now works fine. Brandon's clue did it for me.

Steven
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Jason Lightfoot (03-05-2009)

Tags
controls, gui, multiple

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't move or link objects Kenny Macleod Q&A 7 01-22-2009 09:47 PM
can't move objects and draw lines Martin Bendig Q&A 2 01-13-2009 05:39 AM
Continuously Move Li Chin Q&A 12 10-13-2008 03:49 AM
Crane Move Sung Kim Q&A 2 06-05-2008 03:03 PM
Unable to move the view by left-click dragging? Regan Blackett Tips and Tricks 0 08-03-2007 10:01 AM