ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-12-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0
qin tian is on a distinguished road
Default coordinated task sequence, need help.

Suppose an operator team with 2 operators, and a ForkLift team with 2 forklifts. Operator will load from a queue flowitems and unload them to forklifts, and forklifts will travel to the second queue to unload the flowitems to the queue and retrun to accept next flowitems.

the rules are:

1 two operators will serve one forklift at a time.
2 forklift can carry 4 items one time.

how to model it using coordinated task sequence? thinks in advance.
Old 05-12-2008
Flexsim Technical Support

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 8
Alex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to behold

I'm working on a solution. Coordinated task sequences like this are tricky, but possible. I'll post the solution as soon as I can.
Old 05-12-2008

Alex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to behold

I made a coordinated task sequence that does what you described. A few notes:

When you make a coordinated task sequence, you don't have a reference to the forklift you call, so I just told it to send a message to the queue. I made the real task sequence in the OnMessage trigger, using msgsendingobject() as a reference to the forklift to tell the operators where to put the flowitems.

I made one operator have a higher acceleration than the other. Otherwise, they would always be in the same place at the same time, and they would look like one person.
Old 05-12-2008

Here's the model
Attached Files
File Type: zip coordinated tasksequence2.zip (57.2 KB, 449 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex Christensen For This Useful Post:
qin tian (05-12-2008)
Old 05-12-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0
qin tian is on a distinguished road

Thank you, Alex.

I learn a lot from your model. I know coordinated task sequence is a powerful mechnism. But the documents and examples about it are not enough.

By this example, I learn more about it.

By the way, is there any other implementation so that we can understand coordinated task sequence more.

I used to consider using "Break ro requirement", but cannot figure out.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queueing preempting task Alexandre Ouellet Q&A 3 05-08-2008 09:22 AM
Queuing coordinated task sequences? Nico Zahn Q&A 19 04-02-2008 08:30 AM
The transporter and operator task sequence... syseo Q&A 1 09-22-2007 01:26 AM
creating a batch trip task sequence Paul Dowling Q&A 5 09-11-2007 06:55 PM