ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-15-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Vic Li is on a distinguished road
Default a combiner question

the question is described as follows:

(1)the queue 1 can release 2 itemtypes of pallet.

(2)the itemtype 1 of pallet will combine with only one red box whose itemtype is 1 from queue 1 or queue 2. And the itemtype 2 of pallet will combine with only one green box whose itemtype is 2 from queue 3 or queue 4.
(3)last, the itemtype 1 of pallet will combine from queue 1 priority to queue2. similarly the itemtype 2 of pallet will combine from queue 3 priority to queue 4

If anybody can offer any advice or guidance then it is greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip combiner.zip (43.9 KB, 367 views)
Old 08-15-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Vic,

In he OnEntry trigger there is an option "Update Combiner Component List" that will update the component list of the combiner based off of a table. My advice would be to take a look at that code and modify it to work for your situation. That code does two things, first, it updates the component list table and second, it sets the "targetcomponentsum" variable to the number of items that will be placed on the pallet.

If I understand your question right, what you will want to do is on entry of the pallet set all of the component quantities to zero except for the queue that you want to pull from based on the parameters that you mentioned. The one trick here is what if the two queues that you want to pull from are empty when the pallet enters the combiner? There are two possible sollutions. First, don't let the pallet enter the combiner unless one of the two queues have a flowitem. If they don't then you can hold the pallet with a closeoutput of the pallet queue and use the OnEntry of the flowitem queues to open the output backup again. Second, you could try and set the component list to 1 for each queue and then on entry of the first flowitem try and re-edit the component list back to 1 flowitem from the queue you just came from. This might work and it might not, I haven't tried it.

Good Luck,
Brandon
Old 08-19-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Vic Li is on a distinguished road

Brandon,
thank you for your answer.
Actually I had tried to modify the code of combiner's OnEntry trigger. Since I didn't work, I wanna ask you to teach me how to modify the code. It will be included (1) tasksequence and (2) change component list.

regards

Vic.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can a combiner process multi items simultaneously? KelvinHo Q&A 6 11-08-2010 11:29 AM
Combiner: add data to a new row in a globaltable Jörg Vogel Tips and Tricks 0 07-02-2008 07:39 AM
Combiner problem Simon Farsah Q&A 4 05-29-2008 06:34 AM
[Suggestion] multi tasking combiner/ separator KelvinHo Gripes and Goodies 0 05-20-2008 06:48 PM
Select input for a combiner KelvinHo Q&A 6 04-22-2008 09:34 PM