ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Tips and Tricks
Downloads

Tips and Tricks Share helpful modeling ideas

Old 01-26-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
naveenkumar is on a distinguished road
Default optimization of layout

Dear friends,

I'm optimizing the layout of a hydraulic equipment manufacturing unit. In the best of my knowledge it is possible to show the number of components manufactured and the time USING FLEXSIM.

HOW CAN I SHOW THE OPTIMZATION OF THE DISTANCE TO BE MOVED BY THE RAW MATERIAL IN THE UNIT???

Ex: Say a MOUNTING FLANGE of a pump is moving for 250m in the existing unit. I have proposed three new layouts where the distance to be moved by the MOUNTING FLANGE has come down to 175m, 124m, 87m.

How can I show this in FLEXSIM?

thank you in advance,
P.NAVEEN KUMAR
Old 01-27-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

that depends on, how your flow items are moved. If you use a taskexecuter, then you can querry the distancetotravel in the OnLoad Trigger and increment a label inthe flowitem with this value.
If you don't use a taskexecuter, then you can calculate the distance with the information given by the port the flowitem goes e.g. OnExit.

Jörg
Old 01-27-2012
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

If I read your question differently you might also inform about ways to show the results on the screen. In that case take a good look at the visualtool or the recorder.
Old 01-27-2012
Flexsim User

hi Steven,

I'm expected to show the result both in the form an output and on the screen.

I've used Visualtool to show the layout to scale by importing a
dxf file.

As u have mentioned about visualtool; my question would be should I use the visual tool consisting the dxf file or use a new visualtool?

regards,
p.naveen kumar
Old 01-27-2012
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

Hi Naveen,

just use a new visual tool. You can have a lot of visual tools in your model and make them visible / invisible (Properties > General > Flags). This is a useful feature in presentations

Greetings

Carsten
Old 01-27-2012
Flexsim User

hi carsten,

There is no issue with the number of visual tools that can b used.

Could you kindly, elucidate as to how I can use visual tool to show the optimization of distances in the layout.

Also throw some light on how visual tool is a useful feature in presentations.

Thanks,
p.naveen kumar
Old 01-27-2012
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

Hi Naveen,

now I'm confused. Maybe I missed something

You can use one visual tool for your layout and another to show your distances. In your visual tool you can select the Billboard Mode "Screen Locked Billboard" and Visual Display "Text". There are a few examples in the Text Display (p.e. "Display Label Value Text" with Jörgs solution).

In presentations you can show or hide the visual displays to set the focus of your customers to some important informations. I'm using a customized GUI for this.

Greetings

Carsten
Old 02-02-2012
Flexsim User

Hi vogel,

I'm unable to write the logic as I've no idea of c++.
You have asked me to increment a label in the flow item.
Where and how should the increment be given?

regards,
naveen

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WALLS IN A LAYOUT naveenkumar Tips and Tricks 4 12-06-2011 05:46 AM
how to make sure the layout size 1:1 as the same as the workshop west zhang Q&A 1 10-15-2011 08:43 AM
Optimization on CT Flavio Brito Container Terminal (CT) Library 4 04-11-2011 12:21 PM
Change Layout from GUI Nico Zahn Q&A 4 12-24-2009 07:42 AM