ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 09-29-2009
Jill Speece

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
jspeece is on a distinguished road
Default Assign one operator for duration of MTBF/MTTR

I have several MTBF/MTTR's set up with groups of machines going down at once (I unselected "Break Members Down Individually") and I have an operator assigned to address the tool when it's down. The problem is that the operator fixes each tool individually when I only want them to stay at the group of tools for the MTTR duration only. By fixing each tool, the operator extends the downtime greatly.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you,
Jill Speece
Old 09-29-2009
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Jill,

Here is a sample model that does what you want. I had to modify the Down Function so that it would start the task sequence with the first processor and then finish it on the last. I had to create two labels on the first processor so that I could store the values.

Essentially on the first operator I create the task sequence, allocate the operator and insert most of the tasks. With each successive processor I get a pointer to the task sequence and insert the end delay task for that processor. On the last member processor I also dispatch the task sequence and deallocate the operator.

I put a stop command in the down event so that you could run the model fast and then slow it down for the down time. The down events are every 100 seconds with the down time of 5 seconds.

Anyway, let me know if you need anything else,
Brandon

9-30-09: I have edited the attached model to allow for using multiple operators. Also, there was a problem with the original task sequence that has been fixed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip One Operator for Down Group 2.zip (40.8 KB, 251 views)

Last edited by Brandon Peterson; 09-30-2009 at 03:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brandon Peterson For This Useful Post:
jspeece (10-05-2009)
Old 10-12-2009
Jill Speece

Downloads: 2
jspeece is on a distinguished road
Default Remove Stop Command

How do I remove the stop command only? I erased this part -
stopobject
(downobject ,state, id, priority); - but the model still stopped. Which is the right piece code to remove?

Thank you for all your help!
Jill Speece
Old 10-12-2009
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

try using the "Find/Replace in Tree" option under the "Edit" menu and search for "stop(" or "stop()"

But are you sure that there is a stop in the model and not for instance a stop time or that nothing happens anymore? (I haven't opened the model in case you where wondering)
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
jspeece (10-12-2009)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Several MTBF/MTTR for 1 processor ? ankus d Q&A 15 01-18-2016 01:27 PM
Assign Operators to Scheduled Down Time jspeece Q&A 1 09-04-2009 01:47 PM
MTBF MTTR dabombchibz Q&A 5 04-07-2009 09:01 AM
MTBF Question Gavin Douglas Q&A 4 07-02-2008 11:12 AM
Assign an array to a variable AlanZhang Q&A 6 04-24-2008 01:59 PM