ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 10-15-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 0
zhang xin is on a distinguished road
Default is it possible to execute "Multiple Table Import" automaticly at the start of run?

I have configured the "Multiple Table Import". But I don't want to push ""Multiple Table Import" button to execute it. I want to execute "Multiple Table Import" automaticly at the start of run. How to do it? Is there any command?

Thanks
Old 10-15-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 0
zhang xin is on a distinguished road

oh, I get it. excelmultitableimport();
Old 10-15-2009
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

Hi Zhang,

in the Flexsim command documentation are a few commands. Just look for "excel...". You can start a "Multi Table Import" with excelmultitableimport() but you have to select the excel document every time. You can use an User Event to start this or just use the reset-trigger of an object. It's also possible to write your own import code with the excel-commands.

But why do you have to import a table at start time? I would prefer a database for dynamic tables... (look for "db..." in Flexsim command documentation)

Greetings

Carsten
The Following User Says Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
zhang xin (10-15-2009)
Old 10-15-2009
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

All,

In the MTEI table you will notice that there is a column with the heading "Excel_Book_Name" The first row of this column has "NEW" in it by default. This is why you have to select the workbook each time.

The MTEI uses the first column as an indicator for the Excel Workbook that you want to use. The first column must have the path of the Workbook or the word "NEW". If a path is supplied the MTEI will simply try to open the Workbook designated in the path; if it does not find the Workbook then it will ask you to locate it.

The first column for the remaining rows of the MTEI can be left blank or can contain a path for another Workbook or the word "NEW". This allows you to open and read from more than one Workbook during an import. If the row is left blank then the MTEI assumes that you are still reading from the Workbook opened by a previous row.

I don't get the impression that the MTEI is fully comprehended or utilized by anybody other than myself. First, I wrote it. Secondarily, it isn't really taught or talked about anywhere. So it isn't a surprise that it's not widely used. I do feel that unless you are importing directly into a nodes as apposed to a table then there really is no reason to write your own import code. I wrote the MTEI so that I would never have to re-write import code for Excel again and I haven't had to since. For me it is much easier to import into tables and then use the post import code to disemenate any specific values from there.

I will try to create a videos(or some videos if it's required) that will walk you through using the MTEI soon. Or I will post an updated GUI that will make the MTEI much easier to use. It just depends on which one I get to first.

Good Luck,
Brandon

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Excel Multiple Table Import Problem Bill Lank Q&A 2 12-12-2008 12:06 PM
Is it possible one object comprised of the function of "combiner" and "separetor"? Vic Li Q&A 1 08-19-2008 04:41 AM
about "no select" and "show parameter window from side bar" qin tian Gripes and Goodies 3 03-21-2008 08:10 AM
Which variable stores "Properties -> General ->Flags -> Protected" information? KelvinHo Q&A 1 03-06-2008 06:18 AM
"Getting Started" and "Tutorial" models for v4.01 Cliff King Product Announcements 0 12-10-2007 07:34 PM