ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 02-16-2015
Eckbert Jankowski

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Default user defined 3D Shape for flow item

I created own 3ds files. When I use this for flow items I can't change the color in the property editor. Also (the bigger problem) the color can't be changed during the simulation by triggers.

In addition, when I want change the 3D shape of the flow item by trigger, the flowitem get the new shape but the dimensions of the flow item (height, length, width) is not changed.
Is it a problem in Flexsim or is it only a problem with my shapes.
I created my shapes with different programs. Everytime the same problem.
Old 02-16-2015
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

You'll find in User Manual of FlexSim a chapter called "Preparing a 3D File" with a lot of useful informations:

Getting the Object's Color to Bleed Through
For .3ds and .ac files, you can have the FlexSim object's color bleed through on certain shapes in the file. You can do this in one of two ways: (1) give the shape an ambient color value of rgb: (0.235,0.235,0.243) in your 3D software, (2) append "_fsclr" to the end of the shape's material name in your 3D software.

If you change the shape of a flow item during simulation run the size of flow item doesn't change. This has to be done with setsize(item, x, y, z).

Greetings
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
Tom David (02-16-2015)

Tags
3d shape, 3ds, flow item class

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flow Items imported shape don't appear on other computers Ayoub EL BOUCHTILI Flexsim Student Forum 1 02-25-2013 07:17 PM
Flow Item 3D Shape has been changed with unknown reason Wahid Sumono Gripes and Goodies 4 01-07-2013 06:38 AM
Indexnum of 3d shape flow items shashanktrivedi Q&A 2 04-25-2011 04:51 AM
different capacity for different flow item for a same TE KelvinHo Q&A 10 08-28-2008 08:12 AM
change 3D shape of a packed flow item KelvinHo Q&A 2 02-27-2008 09:41 PM