ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 09-24-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0
Anthony Timmiss will become famous soon enoughAnthony Timmiss will become famous soon enough
Default MTEI Problem - Bug?

Hi I'm trying to import data from excel into a Time Table using MTEI. I believe I have all the parameters set properly.

When I try to import the data the excel file opens ok but I get a message saying the table can't be found. When I then go back to the MTEI screen the refernce to the table has gone? I then try to re-reference the location of the table and still get the same problem.

It appears that the path I am setting to the table is being deleted after I close the window of the MTEI even if I press Apply and OK?

Any Help is Greatly Appreciated

Anth
Old 09-24-2010
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, this is a bug with the new MTEI editor. It will be fixed in the next version.

For now, you can edit the MTEI table directly like in the previous version by navigating in the tree to the following node and then right-clicking it and selecting Explore > As Table.
node("/Tools/ExcelAuto>variables/importtable",model())
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Anthony Timmiss (09-24-2010)
Old 12-24-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
William Proctor is on a distinguished road
Default Still don't understand

Yes - I'm having the same issue. Unfortunately I don't know how it used to be done. Is it considered a TimeTable for our purposes here or a Global Table? Thanks for your feedback!
Old 12-27-2010
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

The Users Manual still has documentation on the old way of configuring the MTEI in the section Modeling Tools > Multiple Table Excel Import.

If you explore the importtable node as a table (shown in the attached image), then you can modify the table according to the documentation in that section of the manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	importtable.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	1232