ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 09-24-2007
Flexsim User

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0
edgar is on a distinguished road
Default Static can count

Hi, I´m trying to make an counter in to static like:

Numeber of Machines = 9 , already have buttons to ADD and DEL machines, but i want to refresh this number in to the static...i was trying but i can´t

i know i have to use a concat command but i dont know how....so shame..jejeje
well, i keep on trying.... but if some one have a clue i appreciated that...

Grettings

Edgar Berho
Old 09-24-2007
Vice President Technical Services

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 14
Cliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud of

It's probably just a matter of using getviewtext() and setviewtext(). You might also get away with two statics so you don't need to concatenate. One static could be named "Machines =", and the other static could have a hotlink to the node holding the value for the number of machines. Have you found the section in the online help that talks about the different view objects? It's in Help>User Manual>Contents>Miscellaneous Concepts>View Attributes Reference. Another suggestion is to learn from looking "behind the scenes" of standard guis by right-clicking on the gui, then selecting View>Structure...>Explore Structure.
Old 09-25-2007
Flexsim User

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0
edgar is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Thanks Cliff for the answer , i solve my problem with a viewtext code like in the pic with the GUI .
I was learnig a lot looking "behind the scenes" thaks for the advise...

grretings
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	screen_code.JPG
Views:	357
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	39