ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Installation
Downloads

Installation Installation, licensing and hardware issues

Old 05-15-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 0
syseo has a spectacular aura aboutsyseo has a spectacular aura about
Red face How to Use the license in two operating system in One PC?

I have two questins about the new license of flexnet not usb.

I am using two operating system - dual booting system like Window 7 and XP in ONE PC or note book. The hard disks are two and have many partions in each disk.

1) I installed a license in XP and use the new flexnet license in 5.0.
When I boot from Window 7 not XP, I want to try use the license in flexsim.

How can I control it?

2) If some trouble happen to PC suddenly and I should delete the existing operating system and install newly the operating sysem, how can I move or control the license in new installed Operating system?

I want to know how to manage the new license.
Old 05-17-2010
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

1) Flexnet will see two different hard disks as two separate computers. You can transfer your license between the two by returning and reactivating if your license is Enterprise.

2) If you have trouble on a computer and need to reinstall the operating system, but didn't have a chance to return your license first, there is still hope. After the OS reinstall, you can activate the license again using your activation id and it will reactive the same license that was there before. This works with both Enterprise and Professional licenses.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
syseo (05-18-2010)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
system console problem ? LINWEIXU Q&A 16 06-18-2010 03:25 AM
how to use Dijkstra algorithm to conveyor system; LINWEIXU Q&A 9 03-22-2010 08:55 PM
How can i get the total time of process in the system wilmermoncada Q&A 3 11-29-2009 01:44 PM
Can I write to the system console? Steven Hamoen Q&A 2 11-26-2008 06:37 AM
Concept Training System Brandon Peterson User Development 0 11-14-2008 12:02 PM