ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-26-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Xavier Jackson is on a distinguished road
Post What Slows Down Model Speed?

I am trying to run an experiment with a large number of scenarios as well as replications. I am running the experiment overnight with the intention of finding it done or near completion in the morning but I am having trouble getting the model to get through the run quickly enough to finish overnight (run at the "unlimited" speed).

I have a queue which is quickly filling with close to two thousand flow items from which 18 are randomly pulled by a processor (matching itemtypes, based on input, to an array filled with random numbers) and the remaining flowitems are quickly passed across another processor, 100 at a time, before being deposited in a sink.

I have a few visual tools recording some queue input data but that is all I can think of in the model that might slow it down.

If it is known that anything in my model is notorious for slowing model speed please let me know.

Also post other things that are known to slow the model speed.

Flexavier Jacksim

Optimizer Extraordinaire
Old 06-26-2008
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...read.php?t=460
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Xavier Jackson (06-26-2008)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Standard Operator speed/ acceleration/ decelleration Paul Dowling Q&A 0 06-18-2008 09:24 PM
Increasing Run Speed Alex Christensen Tips and Tricks 3 05-14-2008 04:11 PM
TaskExecuterFlowitems rotate now! Can I change their rotation speed? Martin Kooijman Gripes and Goodies 1 02-25-2008 06:41 PM