ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-15-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 1
KelvinHo will become famous soon enough
Default Select input for a combiner

Hi,

I have 2 combiner problems:

The 1st case is : there are 3 input for a combiner: A,B & C

I would like to combine A or B with C in random , but not both, how to set conditional input?

----------------------------------------
the 2nd case is: there is 2 input for a combiner: D & E and connected to input port 1 & 2 respectively
If I want to combine 2 items from D and 1 items from E, and remain D connected to port 1, it seems that I cant achieve the above requirement as in the component list of the combiner is base on a single item from port 1.

Regards,

Kelvin
Old 04-15-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

Kelvin,

I searched for "combiner component list" in the forum and he found this thread:
Flexsim Community Form > Flexsim Software > Q&A > Order Pulling model.

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...component+list

I am pretty sure, that this thread is helpful for you.

I guess all you need to do is to update the component list of the combiner and you use randomness to do so.

Have a look into the thread and I hope you will find a solution.

Good success!
tom the (A)tom
Old 04-16-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

In your second case you could make two connections from D so that it is connected to port 1 and port 2 or 3. With E connected to port 2 or 3 as well by default you would combne 2 of D and 1 of E. In other words, you're allowed to connect the same object to the Combiner (or any object), more than once which can be helpful in cases such as this...

Last edited by Cliff King; 04-17-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-22-2008
Flexsim User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom David View Post
Kelvin,

I searched for "combiner component list" in the forum and he found this thread:
Flexsim Community Form > Flexsim Software > Q&A > Order Pulling model.

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...component+list

I am pretty sure, that this thread is helpful for you.

I guess all you need to do is to update the component list of the combiner and you use randomness to do so.

Have a look into the thread and I hope you will find a solution.

Good success!
tom the (A)tom
Hi Tom,

I read the case u mentioned above. This works if there is a main conponent and it must enter the combiner. If the case in "pick to light system" changed to there is 2 sources of pallet but not one, the pallet picklist can't control which pallet source to be used.
Old 04-22-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Kelvin,

Combiners only combine into port 1 and can not be easily changed to opperate differently. So,if you have two different sources that can be used then you'll have to set the model up to have the two pallet sources go to a queue that picks the right pallet and then have the queue connect to the first port of the combiner. This will allow you to have two different types of pallets. You can close the input of the queue on entry and open the input of the queue on exit of the combiner so that they act like a single object.

Good Luck,
Brandon
Old 04-22-2008
Vice President Technical Services

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 14
Cliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud of

You could also try setting your Combiner to "Pull" and use a Pull Requirement to pull in the desired item from port 1. Just be aware that the pull requirement will be executed for all input ports, so you'll probably want to write if(port==1) .... else return true;
Old 04-22-2008
Flexsim User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Peterson View Post
Kelvin,

Combiners only combine into port 1 and can not be easily changed to opperate differently. So,if you have two different sources that can be used then you'll have to set the model up to have the two pallet sources go to a queue that picks the right pallet and then have the queue connect to the first port of the combiner. This will allow you to have two different types of pallets. You can close the input of the queue on entry and open the input of the queue on exit of the combiner so that they act like a single object.

Good Luck,
Brandon
Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your idea, and actually this is the solution now i'm using. A dummy queue is added before the combiner for the selecting source function.

Kelvin.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
set the location of flowitem from 2nd input port in a combiner KelvinHo Q&A 4 04-11-2008 11:34 AM
How to select all objects of a class in your model Brenton King Tips and Tricks 3 04-03-2008 11:25 PM