ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-20-2010
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about
Default Modeling a public transportation

Hi I need some advise in modeling the above situation. The scenario is that a bus will transport people from Point A to Point B. The bus will then pick up people from B back to A. There are 2 points in the scenario

1. Time schedule for the bus:
The bus will leave the depot A every half an hour.

2. Rest time:
The bus driver will need to rest for 30 min for every half an hour of travel.

I could model the bus using TE. I will put the time schedule at queue which is used as bus stop. But how do I model the rest time? I tried to use MTBF table, but we do not know the first failure until the bus leave the depot. If I have a few buses running at the same time, the MTBF table will make all buses stop at the same time.

Secondly, when the break time trigger the bus will still send off the passesnger before it rest for 30 mins. This part also puzzled me.

Please advise. Thanks

David
Old 11-20-2010
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Have you thought about creating your own tasksequences? You can simply check after the unload with callsubtask if the rest time has to start and create the delay task for 30 minutes.

Steven
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
David Chan (11-20-2010)
Old 11-20-2010
Flexsim Distributor

David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about

I did not Steven, as I thought of using the simple template could do the job. Trying to show them to some school project.
Old 11-22-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

you can set first failure und meantime before failure to a set of states. Though you are independent from the actual time.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
David Chan (11-27-2010)
Old 11-27-2010
Flexsim Distributor

I have managed to use createtraveltask and createdelaytask to complete what I need.

David
Old 11-28-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 11
Goksin Yilmaz is a jewel in the roughGoksin Yilmaz is a jewel in the roughGoksin Yilmaz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Modeling a public transportation

Hi David, would you mind posting your model into the forum?

Thanks in advance, GY

Tags
public transport

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Modeling tool picking Derrick Serbonich Q&A 0 06-23-2009 01:45 PM
Modeling Traffic Flow DavidStun Pre-sales Questions 2 03-11-2009 11:35 AM
Modeling Test Failures Derrick Serbonich Q&A 1 02-13-2009 02:47 PM
Modeling container trucks Lin Jincong Q&A 2 08-04-2008 08:36 PM
Can Flexsim be used for modeling human services? Unregistered Pre-sales Questions 1 03-19-2008 06:56 PM