ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-25-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0
Esther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to all
Default global variable in DLL (UserFuncs.h)

Hello,

I would like to use a global (Flexsim) variable in my dll code, but I cannot get it to work. What I did:
I added the UserFuncs.h file from the dll maker to my header files.
I declared a global variable as:
DECLARE_FLEXSIM_GLOBAL_VARIABLE( WM_Control, treenode )
#define WM_Control (*_WM_Control_pointer)

when I try to compile (debug or release mode) I get the following error msg:
>c:\flexsim\flexsim5\libraries\dll maker\userfuncs.h(16) : error C2065: 'intWM_Control_globalvariableindex' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\flexsim\flexsim5\libraries\dll maker\userfuncs.h(16) : error C2065: 'WM_Control_globalvariableindex' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\flexsim\flexsim5\libraries\dll maker\userfuncs.h(16) : error C2065: 'successful' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\flexsim\flexsim5\libraries\dll maker\userfuncs.h(16) : error C2065: 'WM_Control_globalvariableindex' : undeclared identifier

can anyone explain how to use the global variables in dll code? Thanks.!

Esther
Old 05-25-2010
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a global variable that you only want to use within your dll, just add it like a usual global variable in C++ by defining it outside the scope of any function or class.
Old 05-25-2010
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 2
Lars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

If it is a global variable in a Flexsim model, try to add this line of code to UserFuc.h.
Code:
#define DECLARE_FLEXSIM_GLOBAL_VARIABLE(name, type) type * _##name##_pointer;
It should be above your declaration.

When tested in VS C++ 2005 there are no error in compiling but I have not tested to use it in a DLL.

Lars-Olof
Old 05-26-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0
Esther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to all

Hello Lars-Olof and Phil,

Thanks for your replies. The object I want to refer to is indeed a Flexsim Global Variable and Lars_Olofs tip helped me in a way, but all my references in the cpp files give error msgs when building the solution. I get an error "C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'linkedlist *' to 'treenode *'
1> Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast".
I had already tried the tip Phil gave me in an earlier stage, but did not succeed, I will try this again though and try to get it to work.

Esther
Old 05-26-2010
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Esther,
I've made and committed some changes to the dll repository. It turns out it was an issue with binding.h. I changed the definition of DECLARE_FLEXSIM_GLOBAL_VARIABLE to:
Code:
#define DECLARE_FLEXSIM_GLOBAL_VARIABLE(name, type)\
	int _##name##_globalvariableindex = getglobalvariableindex(#name);\
	if(_##name##_globalvariableindex == 0)\
		{ unboundfunctions += #name; unboundfunctions += "\n"; }\
	else _##name##_pointer = &(getglobalvariableas##type(_##name##_globalvariableindex));
Then make sure you do as the comment in UserFuncs.h says, namely add two lines, one for DECLARE_FLEXSIM_GLOBAL_VARIABLE, and one with the macro.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Esther Bennett (05-27-2010)
Old 09-11-2012
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

I copy this code to binding.h
#define DECLARE_FLEXSIM_GLOBAL_VARIABLE(name, type)\ int _##name##_globalvariableindex = getglobalvariableindex(#name);\ if(_##name##_globalvariableindex == 0)\ { unboundfunctions += #name; unboundfunctions += "\n"; }\ else _##name##_pointer = &(getglobalvariableas##type(_##name##_globalvariab leindex))

i want to use global varible variable1 in dll
and i add two lines in UserFuncs.h
DECLARE_FLEXSIM_GLOBAL_VARIABLE(variable1, Double)
#define var (*_variable1_pointer)
and i insert #include "UserFuncs.h"into the file FlexsimFuncs.h

but i also get error, what is wrong? attach is my dll maker ,i use vs2008 and flexsim 5.04.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DLL Maker5.04.zip (4.69 MB, 166 views)

Last edited by LINWEIXU; 09-11-2012 at 03:17 AM.
Old 09-12-2012
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

Without looking into your attachment I see only "Double" instead of "double". This could be an error because C++ is case sensitive.

Greetings

Carsten
Old 09-12-2012
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

thanks,the problem have solved .but in flexsim the gui set global variable use Double.

Tags
dll, global variable

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Global variable as experiment variable Matthias Hofmann Q&A 3 09-08-2009 09:42 AM
Variable Operator Michael Hartlieb Q&A 2 07-06-2009 03:53 AM
Global variable named "i" Bill Chan Gripes and Goodies 1 04-21-2009 06:40 AM
Limit in the completion hints? Global Tables, Global Variables, etc.? Tom David Gripes and Goodies 6 09-09-2008 04:05 PM
Display Global Variable Sung Kim Q&A 4 02-24-2008 11:24 PM